Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cayle Byers transfers to Iowa

Default Re: Cayle Byers transfers to Iowa

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    To get this back on track:

Does anyone else find it ironic that this kid really screwed up bad at George Mason, and by doing so he completely improved his lot in life getting to go to a better school with a way better team/coaching staff?

You hit a cop eh? Well, now you have to wrestle for Iowa!!

In a sense, you have a point. But you should also point out that he was kicked off his team and had to miss out on the most important part of his Jr year. This would be his punishment and going to Iowa would be his second chance. Hopefully he doesnt screw it up. The next team he wrestled for was going to be a team that competed for a national championship anyway so why not be on the team that is going to win it?
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

Oh I am not saying he hasn't had to sacrifice because of his transgressions. Not one bit. It is just funny in that regard is all. It was fortunate on his part that there were lots of suitors and that he had a great regular season up until he was kicked off the team.

Iowa is set for next year and just needs to land Camp(or SOMEONE to wrestle 197) and they'll be set for a good while.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    Oh I am not saying he hasn't had to sacrifice because of his transgressions. Not one bit. It is just funny in that regard is all. It was fortunate on his part that there were lots of suitors and that he had a great regular season up until he was kicked off the team.

Iowa is set for next year and just needs to land Camp(or SOMEONE to wrestle 197) and they'll be set for a good while.

I would personally give my left testicle for Camp to come to Iowa just so Iowa has a better chance to win nationals when they are in my hometown.

I heard he wasn't just kicked off the team, he was booted out of school. A little different scenario than just being "suspended" or "kicked off the team." To me, being kicked out of school is much more problematic in the eyes of a transfer and that acceptance.

What I haven't seen is the typical criticism of such moves when they were made by PSU, Oklahoma State, Edinboro. Generally, Hawk fans are passing it off as a "boys will be boys" type of thing. I honestly think if he would have ended up at PSU, the Black/Gold crew would be crucifying everything about it.

Just my two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Dart Shark View Post
    I heard he wasn't just kicked off the team, he was booted out of school. A little different scenario than just being "suspended" or "kicked off the team." To me, being kicked out of school is much more problematic in the eyes of a transfer and that acceptance.

What I haven't seen is the typical criticism of such moves when they were made by PSU, Oklahoma State, Edinboro. Generally, Hawk fans are passing it off as a "boys will be boys" type of thing. I honestly think if he would have ended up at PSU, the Black/Gold crew would be crucifying everything about it.

Just my two cents.

Some would and some wouldn't...some of you like to think all fans of a certain team are the same. Not the case you can find plenty of opinions both sides regarding the issue already on the hawk boards. I'm all for 2nd chances and if he is able to keep himself straight then; I have no issues.

I thought the joke was only Edinboro took all these lost souls
    RIP Jacob Schlottke; KR1963 and rpayton

I've already said that I'd be in favor of him getting the boot if he even jaywalks to get to practice.

The joke is that Edinboro takes all the problem children. I am all for Byers coming to Iowa. This makes their team solid from top to bottom next year, and they will be very hard to beat.

Dont really care that he got into trouble if this is his only incident that he has. If this is a regular occurrence though thats a different story, and its a completely different scenario than the Montell deal as well, which I think everyone can realize.

No matter where he goes that team takes flak. I agree that some hawk fans would be all over psu fans if byers went there.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dart Shark View Post

Just my two cents.
    The fact GM has stricter policy and kicked him out vs suspending him is not more problematic IMO. What Long did was actually worse than what Byers did kicked out or not. Half the crap PSU would get out of a situation like this would be related to Sanderson's morally superior persona he likes to throw around.