Page 1 of 50 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: 2008 Midlands Wrestling Tournament Results/Brackets/Discussion

Default 2008 Midlands Wrestling Tournament Results/Brackets/Discussion

Last edited by JensenS; 12-28-2008 at 10:34 PM.

Default Re: midlands

what colleges will be at he midlands

Big Ten teams are Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Purdue, Michigan State and Wisconsin.

Harvard will be there, along with Iowa State. Lots more, but off the top of my head and the midlands fact sheet...

Missouri will be there.

Stacked tournament!

I'll bet Northwestern is there also.

Quote Originally Posted by gg121and2 View Post
    I'll bet Northwestern is there also.
    They are scheduled to be -I am hoping Precin does well at 125 .

America's team-and especially Iowa's team-UNI will be there.

I, for one, am glad to see the big teams returning to Midlands and seeing this Southern Scuffle fade into either obscurity or another weekend. I personally found it to be a slap in the face to the Midlands tournament to develop a tournament the exact same weekend.
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

Quote Originally Posted by ban basketball View Post
    America's team-and especially Iowa's team-UNI will be there.

I, for one, am glad to see the big teams returning to Midlands and seeing this Southern Scuffle fade into either obscurity or another weekend. I personally found it to be a slap in the face to the Midlands tournament to develop a tournament the exact same weekend.
    The Southern Scuffle filled a void that still exists with Midlands. Teams and individuals need to be "invited" to Midlands, meaning they often can't bring their entire team. Plus the Scuffle allowed a certain number of redshirts to come along too.

The Scuffle is/was a great event in a more moderate climate. However Tom Shifflet provided much of the energy for the Scuffle, and that energy seems to have waned since he left. The Scuffle also is not necessarily the same weekend as Midlands, but is held on December 29 and 30 every year, which sometimes is the same weekend, or perhaps Sunday and Monday.

Having said that, the University of Maryland will be at the Midlands this year. The advantage to us with the new qualification system is that we have the opportunity to see other wrestlers. We saw a lot of the same guys at the Scuffle.
    "Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government!?