Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: 2008 Midlands Wrestling Tournament Results/Brackets/Discussion

Default Re: midlands

Quote Originally Posted by Gold View Post
    I'll be very interested to see how Marable ends up this year. He could end up at the top of the podium but could miss the podium.
    The first half of that is only true for very few wrestlers. The second half is true for almost every one.

I think Marable's style is more suited for NCAA's then duals and some unimportant tournaments. When he hits NCAA's, he will be comfortable will close matches and know how to win them. Some of these guys that have beaten Marable this year are solid wrestlers but come NCAA's, they will understand the consequences of losing that match and it may impact how they wrestle.

I think Jordan is going to manhandle Borschel.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

Quote Originally Posted by tigerfan View Post
    The first half of that is only true for very few wrestlers. The second half is true for almost every one.
    That was sort of my point;

That was sort of my point; he has shown that he can beat the #1 ranked Lewnes and will not be out of any match, but then he goes and loses to unranked guys...

Quote Originally Posted by Gold View Post
    That was sort of my point; he has shown that he can beat the #1 ranked Lewnes and will not be out of any match, but then he goes and loses to unranked guys...
    Are Brown and Rendos both unranked? I think they'll both be right there fighting for AA come March.

Quote Originally Posted by goferphan View Post
    I think Jordan is going to manhandle Borschel.
    HA!
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

Are Brown and Rendos both unranked? I think they'll both be right there fighting for AA come March.
    Brown is ranked as high as #9 in some polls since he dropped from 157 -Rendos is like 13th or so but Bucknell isn't in the Midlands .

Quote Originally Posted by Zapp Brannigan View Post
    HA!
    Signature bet?
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

Given the success that Jordan had up against Keddy last year, and the fact that Borschel has looked a little off thus far this year I don't know if I'd go with handle but I think I would favor Jordan in a match up if they wrestled tomorrow.