Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: Cornell heading into the big dance

Redshirt

Default Re: Cornell heading into the big dance

Well put

Quote Originally Posted by kr1963 View Post
    Another from last year u might have missed

Thanks for this post. A very interesting interview. Rob didn't just say platitudes, he had something to say. I wrestled in HS with his older brother and in college for his dad and know something of the family he grew up in. His dad (Bill Koll) would refer to himself to the PSU team as an "SOB"--"Sweet Old Bill", and give us a big smile. More often it was the usual sense of that term.

Cornell didn't dual Iowa, Okie State, Penn State, Minny and the some of the other big guns, but like a lot of the guys are saying, had Ohio State been really good as they have the last couple of years and were when they scheduled the dual probably, then they had Lehigh who isn't bad this year, they also dualed Iowa State, who beat VTech. They actually did wrestle and beat Minny and VTech in duals as well at the National Duals. Throw in Vegas with the National Duals and the Southern Scuffle and that's a pretty darn tough schedule to me. I think if Cornell were in the Big Ten or ACC you guys would be praising them for how tough their schedule was and how tough they are, but they aren't and that's not their fault. They had what they thought was a pretty good schedule, and when you break it down it is. I'm an Iowa fan, but the only reason Iowa's schedule even looks remotely tough is because of the conference they are in.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyes2 View Post
    ... then they had Lehigh who isn't bad this year...

Don't forget that Lehigh beat them this year. So while they will not contend for the NCAA crown, Lehigh is a tough dual team.