Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PSU/Wiscy

Default Re: PSU/Wiscy

Assuming David Thorn doesn't take out Ramos right? Because if he does Ramos probably drops to 4th.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

Yes. Because if D Thorn beats Ramos then no matter how you put it, the #5 guy beat the #1 guy.

This would be a case of A beats B, B beats C, C beats D, D beats E, and E beats A.

Because you have, Ramos over Long, Long over Graff, Graff over Futrell, Futrell over D Thorn, D Thorn over Ramos.........

Who gets #1? It wouldn't be D Thorn or Futrell because they lost to two of the other opponents..

But is it Graff because he is a returning B10 4th placer at 133?
    Or is it Long because he is a returning B12 2nd placer and NCAA runner up, albeit at 125?'

I want Minny and D Thorn to win today but it would really mess up the seeding!

In the B10 dual meet season they ended up this way:

Ramos 8-0 B10 dual, 9-2 B10 overall, 15-3 overall, vs B10 top 4 1-1
    (won over higher ranked #7 Long, did not face Graff, went 1-2 vs B10 @ Midlands, won over teammate Clark, lost to Futrell, F. Novochkov & teammate Clark)
    1 Fall, 1 TF, 1 major, 5 dec (30 pts)

Graff 7-1 B10 duals, 11-1 B10 overall, 30-2 overall, vs B10 top 4 3-1
    (lost to lower ranked #9 Long, went 2-0 vs B10 opp in both CKI & Midlands, 3 wins vs Futrell, lost to Hochstrasser in CKI finals)
    2 TF 1 Major 4 dec (26 points)

Long 6-1 B10 duals (didn't wrestle vs Ohio State), 7-1 B10 overall, 14-1 overall, vs B10 top 4 2-1
    (1 pt loss to lower ranked Ramos, dec over higher ranked #7 Futrell & #3 Graff)
    4 majors, 2 dec (22 pts)

Futrell 6-2 B10 duals, 8-4 B10 overall, 23-5 overall, vs B10 top 4 1-4
    (went 1-1 vs B10 in CKI, wins over Paddock & Carter, went 1-1 vs B10 @ midlands, won over Ramos & lost to Graff)
    1 fall, 1 TF 2 majors 2 dec (25 points)

Looking at this, only one thing is for certain: Futrell gets the #4 seed, (though he is the only one of the group with a win over Ramos & Ramos is the only one with a win over Long.)

If it is solely based upon B10 duals then it would be:
    1) Ramos
    2) Graff
    3) Long
    4) Futrell

Looking at their over all records & point differential I would seed it this way:
    1) Long (returning NCAA finalist, ONE loss = 1 loss was by 1 point)
    2) Graff (returning AA, TWO losses = lost by 7 to Long, by 4 to Hochstrasser)
    3) Ramos (THREE loses = lost by 3 to Futrell, by 3 to Novochkov, by 1 to Clark)
    4) Futrell (Five losses etc)

That being said if the PURPOSE of seeding is to get the best potential finals, then right now Ramos & Long look the strongest.

Apparently facing Futrell in the semis would be the "easiest" path.
    Last edited by kr1963; 02-21-2011 at 04:56 PM.

Just watched this dual and left with a few things:

Andrew Long looked quite impressive, but I was more surprised how off his game Tyler Graff was. Andrew got a few great leg attacks and had a great scramble for two. It was a great win for Long and he looks to have no trouble transitioning to 133 against a strong Graff. It appeared to me Andrew was the stronger, quicker and perhaps hungrier of the two. That being said I look for Tyler to get revenge next time around.

Molinaro did a nice job getting the major(just because it happened doesn't mean KR was right!!) against a quality opponent.

Ruth literally cared none about this match and was still able to win with ease. It's good that he doesn't panic but I dont know if his pulse got above 63 at any point. His boot scoot type TD was phenomenal.

Quentin just looks like a guy with no identity. Then when he tries to create an identity(thrower/leg rider) it blows up in his face. I feel for the kid as he is working hard but I don't see him righting the ship.

How did Eric Bugenhagen lose? Surely this Cam Wade must be the best in the nation. Probably this was simply a preview of the finals in Philly.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    (just because it happened doesn't mean KR was right!!)
    nice...!

I think head to head matchups counts more than Big Ten duals, so the seeds should be
    1) Ramos
    2) Long
    3) Graff
    4) Futrell

Futrell would have an easier path to the finals being #4 and facing Ramos than facing Long or Graff

Can't imagine ANYONE who thought Tyler Graff would be a three seed at big 10s but that is looking like a reality. Every year more surprises.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Indeed, that's just crazy

Graff lost only to Long & Long lost only to Ramos by 1 point.
    Ramos has lost to Futrell & Clark.

It is conceivable to me that Graff would get the 2 seed & Ramos the 3rd.