Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 125 Pound Weight Division - NCAAs

Default 125 Pound Weight Division - NCAAs

I think this weight class is a no-brainer. Robles, Robles, Robles. He'll win. He'll make the national news. It will be great for our sport. So, who's second? McDonough? Precin? Sanders? Nicholson? Patterson? Mango? I'm betting we'll see McDonough take on Robles in the finals. But I wish we'd see either Precin or Sanders. Zach needs one more chance to take revenge on Robles - but he'll still lose.

Default Re: 125 Pound Weight Division - NCAAs

No brainer huh? I guess you'd have no brain if you think it's all Robles. IMO, there are three guys at the top of this weight that are each legit title contenders. Robles, McDonough and Precin. If Robotilt gets on a roll with either of those two guys it's probably over for them, but iirc, Precin has beat Robles in the past and McDonough has never wrestled him. I like McDonough.
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

You are nuts if you think this is set in stone either way. Robles has been dominant yes, but against who? Yet to avenge his loss to Precin and Mcd has Tyler Clark in the room who is arguably the most successful wrestler against Robles(wins by 9-3,2-1 and 9-2).

Surely Robles can win, but so can any of the other two in my opinion.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Also: Patterson, Nicholson, Sanders, Mango probably not sniffing the finals if you ask me.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

I think that people are overestimating Robles and his invincability a bit right now. Dont get me wrong he is excellent, but McDonough is the returning champion and Precin has beaten him once already. Robles hasnt wrestled the competition these guys has yet either

Sanders I dont think will ever sniff a title until McDonough and the top guys are out. He is awesome, but he is small for 125 too. McDonough owns him.

When did Tyler Clark win those matches with Robles. That wasn't this year.

I admit that it may not be a lock, and I really don't have anything against McDonough. He seems like a good kid and he's done really well for just a Soph. But I'm sticking to my guns: Robles.

Seeds will be huge, if Robles gets #1 that gives him the edge. If McD beats Precin again I think the NCAA gives him the #1 seed and Robles has to beat both Precin & McD, which imo means he's not the favorite.

I can't see any scenario where these 3 don't make the semis...

I agree that any of the 3 could win it (and exceedingly unlikely that anyone else will). But I've got to go with Robles as well. If he remains undefeated as I'm sure he will, he'll be the only undefeated wrestler there and should get the #1 seed in my opinion. If so, that puts McD and Precin in the semis and I think McD takes the rubber match, putting him and Robles in the final. The fact that McD has never wrestled Robles puts him at a disadvantage IMO. I think Robles takes it all.

The rubber match between McDonough and Precin will most likely happen at Big Tens. I hope the winner of that match gets the one seed at nationals. The loser will probably get the three seed, but it won't matter because he would then probably have to wrestle Robles in the semi's anyway.

I know Robles just wrestles who is in front of him and beats them all, but the competition out west at 125 just isnt the same. It's basically Robles, Mango and Kjar. Lara is out.
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09