Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 125 Pound Weight Division - NCAAs

Default Re: 125 Pound Weight Division - NCAAs

I can't remember seeing any criteria for NCAA seeds. Midlands always has some strange seeding becasue the have criteria with performance at last year's tournament given high priority.

There is some logic argument for arguing for the Big 10 champ this year should be the #1 seed, but not enough to put Robles, who is undefeated and has dominated everyone while facing a good schedule, down to #2.

I agree with ODH.

Big 10 has similar seeding criteria to Midlands, I think. Past Big 10 performances are weighted heavily, or maybe it's Big 10 Dual Results
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

Chop, not to nitpick but McDonough will have beaten #3 and #5, vs Robles #5, #6, #7, #8

Quote Originally Posted by iamthesituation View Post
    Chop, not to nitpick but McDonough will have beaten #3 and #5, vs Robles #5, #6, #7, #8
    Precin was #1 when McDonough beat him and would be #3 when McDonough faces him again (and wins in this hypothetical).
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

Quote Originally Posted by Zapp Brannigan View Post
    Big 10 has similar seeding criteria to Midlands, I think. Past Big 10 performances are weighted heavily, or maybe it's Big 10 Dual Results
    I think you are correct with it being Big Ten duals.

Quote Originally Posted by Zapp Brannigan View Post
    Precin was #1 when McDonough beat him and would be #3 when McDonough faces him again (and wins in this hypothetical).
    haha so what your saying is by beating precin twice (if he wins at the big 10's which i think precin will win), then he'll have beaten the #1 wrestler and the #3 ranked wrestler and have two top 5 wins from the same guy?

Quote Originally Posted by Gopherfan View Post
    haha so what your saying is by beating precin twice (if he wins at the big 10's which i think precin will win), then he'll have beaten the #1 wrestler and the #3 ranked wrestler and have two top 5 wins from the same guy?

Technically that is correct. The point is that we all agree Precin is top 3. If McD can beat him at Big 10's that would be 2 out of 3 wins against a top 3 guy where as Robles hasn't wrestled at top 3 guy yet. Beating Precin 2 times and Sanders at least once rates higher in my opinion than Robles beating Sanders once. I guess we will have to wait and see how this pans out. If McD loses to Precin this decision becomes really easy for everyone.

I think the criteria is generally record, head to head, common opponents, previous finish. Robles wins on record. They will have a few common opponents when it is time to seed, Morrison, Sanders and Mango I believe. Robles beat Morrison worse. The matches with Sanders and Mango haven't happened yet. And I'm not sure how much stock to put into one guy beating a guy by 10 when they other does by 4, especially considering the uniqueness of Robles. But it is something to consider I guess.