Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: #3 Penn State (PSU) vs. #4 Minnesota (MN) Predictions/Discussion/Results

Default Re: #3 Penn State (PSU) vs. #4 Minnesota (MN) Predictions/Discussion/Results

I think QW is having some mental issues right now. He is ultra talented but isn't performing up to par. I think he has plenty of quality to practice with (Cael, Cunningham, Ruth ect...) but just needs a mental check. Even the announcers said last night that QW is in a rut right now and hinted at his mental thoughts.

The only thing Cael is at fault for is how his wrestlers act on the mat. He can't wrestle the matches for these guys but he can put an end to their antics. I think DT and Ruth are REALLY good but you don't release a guy with 3 secs left in the period. DT and Ruth I think are acting a little cocky and it has cost Ruth from getting bonus points. Cael needs to talk to the team and tell them to knock this crap off because it is costing the team.

Default Re: #3 Penn State (PSU) vs. #4 Minnesota (MN) Predictions/Discussion/Results

Ruth didn't release anyone with three seconds left in the period. They went out of bounds with :19 to go and Glasser came in off the restart and just battled his way up to his feet and got out on his own.

As for Taylor, so long as he keeps tech falling people I imagine Penn State people would say that he can do whatever he pleases.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

As for Taylor, so long as he keeps tech falling people I imagine Penn State people would say that he can do whatever he pleases.[/QUOTE]

Agree Jensen but don't you think it shows a lack of discipline? What I am getting at it doesn't matter how good you are don't release a guy with 3 secs left.

Agreed. Taylor has 7 Falls, 12 techs, 9 majors and 1 (6 point) decision. Clearly he has issues with discipline.

Chop I appreciate you because you bring to light issues that nobody has ever even fathomed mentioning(for whatever reason)
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

I don't care what anybody says, it's not smart to release someone with three seconds left. It's not as if the other guy was about to escape, he just let him up. He pushed him away.

It obviously had no impact on the match, but it's a little screwy. Don't you think Cael will eventually sit down with Taylor and/or Ruth and say "You're having a great year, but let's stay focused on match situation"?

I cant believe there isnt any outrage over Pataky poking Sanders in the eye at the beginning of the match. It was an exact replay of what DSJ did to Taylor. I mean he grabed ahold of his hair with his left hand and poked him square in the eye with his right index finger just like St. John did to Taylor. The double standard is pathetic...in my humble opinion.
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

Instead of blaming Ruth for the tie how about holding Kemmerer, Ruggear and Wright accountable for getting majored? Yeah, it unfortunate he gave up the escape in the last seconds but he wrestled a good match. Ruth, Alton and Taylor (and even Kemmerer) are still freshman. Some of Penn States best wrestlers took their lumps freshman year (Kolat 5 losses, Hughes 8 losses, Chertow 14 losses, McCoy close to a .500 record!) As freshman these big guns have a combined 7 losses! The future is so bright and people need to stop expecting these guys to wrestle like their seniors.

Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    Ruth didn't release anyone with three seconds left in the period. They went out of bounds with :19 to go and Glasser came in off the restart and just battled his way up to his feet and got out on his own.

As for Taylor, so long as he keeps tech falling people I imagine Penn State people would say that he can do whatever he pleases.
    My bad I meant DT did that in the 1st period. Didn't hurt him but it was a mental mistake.

Like I said you could pick any bout outta 10 & point to it as the difference for his team. If Mincey could of held DT to a major etc etc. Its all coulda woulda shoulda. Its done. Its a tie.