Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: #3 Penn State (PSU) vs. #4 Minnesota (MN) Predictions/Discussion/Results

Default Re: #3 Penn State (PSU) vs. #4 Minnesota (MN) Predictions/Discussion/Results

125: Sanders tech Morgan 5-0 Minnesota (Sanders may start slow here like he seems to do at times, but he breaks it as the match goes on and picks up the tech late)

133: Long dec D. Thorn 5-3 Minnesota (Long should win, but Thorn isn't really a guy susceptible to getting blown out as evidenced by his matches against Graff)

141: M. Thorn dec Alton 8-3 Minnesota (Thorn utilizes his scrambling ability and his skill from the top and wins a comfortable decision)

149: Molinaro maj Zilverburg 8-7 Minnesota (So long as Molinaro doesn't waste time on top he should get a methodical style major)

157: Taylor fall Grygelko/Mincey 13-8 Penn State (Whoever it is, Taylor get the stick)

165: Yohn dec Kemerer 13-11 Penn State (Despite the fact that Cody hasn't been blowing people away recently he should win here)

174: Ruth dec Glasser 16-11 Penn State (Ruth just too much of an athlete, Glasser will do well to avoid bonus points)

184: Wright dec Steinhaus 19-11 Penn State (One toss up match to the Nittany Lions)

197: Yohn maj Ruggear/Ortega 19-15 Penn State (I wonder if we see Yohn make his debut against Biondo on Friday, or if he's held out until this match. Either one should be a good comeback opponent)

285: Nelson dec Wade 19-18 Penn State (And one toss up match to the Gophers)

Minimizing bonus points will be big here for the Gophers. Should be a really close, really fun dual to watch.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Default Re: #3 Penn State (PSU) vs. #4 Minnesota (MN) Predictions/Discussion/Results

I should take back my Homer post, though I wont. I thought we were in the MN vs IA thread and you were picking Thorn over Marion without much trouble.

My bad and I agree with you. I too think Thorn beats Alton without much trouble.
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    Based off the styles of the two wrestlers involved I don't see 141 as being in doubt
    I do
    I think Thorn wins there without much trouble.
    I think that Thorn's style is perfect for AA to get a win. & Kennedy.

For PSU vs Minny
    125 look for Pataky to wrestle
    165 look for Nick Fischer to wrestle
    197 Nick Ruggear, who has been sucking weight to get down to 197

125 ZS wbd injured BP Minny 3-0
    133 AL wbm DT 4-3 PSU
    141 AA dec MT 7-3 PSU especially if AA beats JK & MT loses to KR Fri
    149 FM wbm DZ 11-3 PSU
    157 DT wbtf JG 16-3 PSU
    165 CY wbd NF 16-6 PSU
    174 ER wbm SG 20-6 PSU
    184 KS wbd QW 20-9 PSU
    197 SY wbm NR 20-13 PSU
    285 TN wbd CW 20-16 PSU

PSU-Minny split 5-5 in bouts but PSU's Bonus wins the dual

125: Sanders tech Morgan 5-0 Minnesota (Sanders may start slow here like he seems to do at times, but he breaks it as the match goes on and picks up the tech late)
    I think part of that is guys not being dead tired when they start wrestling Zach.

Good predictions, I agree with you about Thorn over Alton. Don't see Mike getting decked.
    Only spot I disagree is Wright over Steinhaus. I am still not convinced Wright is close to normal right now. I think Steinhaus gets him.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

I can definitely see Steinhaus pulling the upset at 184, but my big thing is I think that the teams split 184 and 285 and I rate Wright higher than I do Cameron Wade.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

I just think Wright and Wade are worse than their opponents.

Wright at beginning of season would have been the favorite(notice I didn't say clear favorite Herkey and Chop) but after the season he's had compared to Steinhaus, I see Steinhaus winning.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    I think part of that is guys not being dead tired when they start wrestling Zach.

Good predictions, I agree with you about Thorn over Alton. Don't see Mike getting decked.

Only spot I disagree is Wright over Steinhaus. I am still not convinced Wright is close to normal right now. I think Steinhaus gets him.
    I keep going back & forth on this as I think that AA will split his matches with JK & MT. I think that if AA loses to JK on Friday & he will get the win on Sunday. Just a gut feeling.

I agree with you on QW. Despite having a good showing this past weekend I still think KS is wrestling above that level right now. I actually thinking that both Q & Cam lose but someone PSU still finds a way to win. This will be a close one.

JensenS or Schlottke, if you want to bump this link or embed it at the top of the thread pls do or if you think it needs a seperate thread here you go for today's match!

Ok guys we are all set. We have even set up back up servers

TOM Live Audio and Blog Minnesota vs. Penn State | OpenMat News

If you have any issues getting into the main site. Audio can also be found below.

Penn State vs. Minnesota Wrestling on USTREAM: .