Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: #3 Penn State (PSU) vs. #4 Minnesota (MN) Predictions/Discussion/Results

Default Re: #3 Penn State (PSU) vs. #4 Minnesota (MN) Predictions/Discussion/Results

[QUOTE=vaisforlovers;387107]Agreed. Taylor has 7 Falls, 12 techs, 9 majors and 1 (6 point) decision. Clearly he has issues with discipline.

So you are okay with him releasing a guy with 3 secs left?

Default Re: #3 Penn State (PSU) vs. #4 Minnesota (MN) Predictions/Discussion/Results

I'm going to go ahead and trust his judgement since he tf'd the guy. Maybe he wanted to give the guy a point so he would have more opportunities to try and pin him? Either way, I'll defer to the guy who has been lights out this year with ONE non bonus win.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Its VERY possible that that is exactly what he was doing was giving him an additional point so he could work for the fall later in the match when the guy got more tired.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

First off, I'll state the obvious; Penn State is not functioning as a dual team right now. Their built on winning tournaments which is great for the Big10 and NCAAs...but they need to get it in their heads that they need to perform to earn TEAM points.

No one is going to tell me that Taylor couldn't have pinned his opponent. There is the 1 point needed for the "W". Someone needs to go back over the scoring with him. He's insanely good, and needs to work on sticking guys in the third period after he wears them down. His last turn for the TF should always be a pinning combo.

Ruth was executing a take down clinic. Quit riding the guy in the third if you couldn't pin him in the second period. He secures the major, he give PSU the 1 point for the "W"

Wright wrestled like crap. I don't think it's a head issue as Chop wants to mention every thread he posts, I think it's a heart issue. I'm going to question him on this, and I never do that to any wrestler. But what I saw yesterday was a man with no fight in his gut. That bothers me.

Kemmerer also irritated me. He is a very talented wrestler. I followed him in JH and HS, I know what he's capable of, and he just isn't firing. I'm not sure whats going on with him either.

Rugger and Ortega...BLAH!

Explain the difference between a "heart" issue and a "head" issue.
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

Quote Originally Posted by Badcat View Post
    First off, I'll state the obvious; Penn State is not functioning as a dual team right now. Their built on winning tournaments which is great for the Big10 and NCAAs...but they need to get it in their heads that they need to perform to earn TEAM points.

No one is going to tell me that Taylor couldn't have pinned his opponent. There is the 1 point needed for the "W". Someone needs to go back over the scoring with him. He's insanely good, and needs to work on sticking guys in the third period after he wears them down. His last turn for the TF should always be a pinning combo.

Ruth was executing a take down clinic. Quit riding the guy in the third if you couldn't pin him in the second period. He secures the major, he give PSU the 1 point for the "W"

Wright wrestled like crap. I don't think it's a head issue as Chop wants to mention every thread he posts, I think it's a heart issue. I'm going to question him on this, and I never do that to any wrestler. But what I saw yesterday was a man with no fight in his gut. That bothers me.

Kemmerer also irritated me. He is a very talented wrestler. I followed him in JH and HS, I know what he's capable of, and he just isn't firing. I'm not sure whats going on with him either.

Rugger and Ortega...BLAH!
    I agree with every word of that post, very well said.

Quote Originally Posted by Herkey#1 View Post
    Explain the difference between a "heart" issue and a "head" issue.
    There are so many scenarios to go over to explain the differences, so I'll give you reason why I think it's more of a heart issue.

In the third period, Minnesota was working for the Major. At this point it's time to dig deep into the recesses of your soul and do what you need to do to score an escape, reversal, whatever...you need to battle. What Wright did was lay there. No fight. none. I could see if he was trying and couldn't but he didn't try. That's a heart issue. Cael has always said that he wants his guys to be warriors and played a military themed song during practice to inspire them. I was in the military for nine years and there were times in the field where I was hungry, exhausted, burning up with heat and soaked with sweat, but I sucked it up and pressed on because it's what I needed to do for my team.

Yes please explain to me the difference

I was in the military for nine years and there were times in the field where I was hungry, exhausted, burning up with heat and soaked with sweat, but I sucked it up and pressed on because it's what I needed to do for my team.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your service 1st off! Much appreciated. This my friend comes from being mentally tough in my opinion. You need your mind to tell you to do this stuff you refer to in the post.