Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: NCAA 157 pounds

Default Re: NCAA 157 pounds

Personally I don't think Taylor will lose in the semis. But both Hall and Jenkins are very tough wrestlers to be reckoned with, so I'm allowing for the possible.

VA, anyone can lose to just about anybody at nationals. That's why nobody is really willing to go out on a limb and say he's a stone cold lock right now, except maybe Gold. The chances of him going undefeated throughout his career are very slim. So losing a match at nationals as a freshman isnt such a stretch.
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

I'll go out on that limb and say DT will win 157. I'll een predict the score -DT over fittery 13-11.

Quote Originally Posted by r.payton@att.net View Post
    I'll go out on that limb and say DT will win 157. I'll een predict the score -DT over fittery 13-11.

Will you also predict an undefeated career Russ?

I said the same thing as Chop but @ the beginning of the year. Gold was saying he would be a 4x Champ. I think 3x. I think he makes it to the semis & gets knocked off. Just a hunch nothing analytical to back it up. Of course I hope I am wrong.

If the seeding were today I think he gets the one of the top 3 seeds. If he gets the #1 he could ake it to the finals & face Fittery. If he gets the 2nd or 3rd thats where I think he might get knocked off by Hall or perhaps Fittery. Now how would he lose to Fittery in the semis? What if by some strectch Fittery loses just one match between here & March. He might drop to the 2nd or 3rd seed & if DT had also a 2nd or 3rd seed then the 2 could meet in the semis. Like herk said STUFF could happen.

As far as undefeated...there is talk of him moving up to 165 as he is continuing to grow. If he does do that that would mean next year facing Howe & a few other good guys. If he waits another year to move up I could see him going undefeated if he some how clears this year. If goes next year to 165 I see getting at least one or two losses.

Anyways...all speculation. The next 6 weeks are going to be good in any event.

I think DT wins it over Fittery by 4 or 5 points.

Of course, DT MIGHT get upset in the first round of the B10's and Fittery MIGHT flunk out of school, which of course could happen. If that all happens, please remember that I posted this. I'm actually going to call my dad and talk about it with him as well.

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    Who the heck would Taylor have in the Semi's that you think he'd lose to??
    There are 32 other guys that will be at going for a National Title come March at 157. He could face BJ, Dong, Hall ect... which could possible beat him. Has he wrestled BJ? Has he wrestled Hall? I have been to Nationals dozens of times and see upsets all the time which will happen again this year. That is the only guarentee we all agree on. Andrew Long beat Esco in the semi's last year which almost nobody seen coming! Again my opinion is DT will lose in the semi's.

Did you predict Metcalf losing to Caldwell in the finals?

Look for St. John to win it all.
    Last edited by Herkey#1; 02-08-2011 at 02:22 PM. Reason: What I said earlier no longer makes sense.

If Taylor does meet Fittery in the finals, I can't help but think he will clutch up, and win. Fittery is a 2x D2 runner-up. And Taylor doesn't lose in the finals in anything.