Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OU v Missouri, Incredibly Competitive Dual

Default OU v Missouri, Incredibly Competitive Dual

Anyone ever seen a dual with 10 matches so close before?

Results:
    125 - Jarrod Patterson (OU) dec. Alan Waters (MU), 3-2
    133 - Nathan McCormick (MU) dec. Jordan Keller (OU), 3-2
    141 - Zack Bailey (OU) dec. Todd Schavrien (MU), 9-6
    149 - Matt Lester (OU) dec. Kyle Bradley (MU), 4-2
    157 - Chase Nelson (OU) dec. Nick Gregoris (MU), 8-6
    165 - Tyler Caldwell (OU) dec. Zach Toal (MU), 1-0
    174 - Dorian Henderson (MU) dec. Jeff James (OU), 3-1
    184 - Erich Schmidtke (OU) dec. Mike Larson (MU), 7-3
    197 - Brent Haynes (MU) dec. Keldrick Hall (OU), 3-2
    285 - Dom Bradley (MU) dec. Nathan Fernandez (OU), 4-2
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

Default Re: OU v Missouri, Incredibly Competitive Dual

(Self bump) Really? No comments?
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

Don't really follow either of these teams but damn that's a hardfought victory. It must have been pretty boring to watch though if the scoring was that low

Boring to an extent but my assumption is that every match for the most part was in doubt the entire match expect one or two and even they were 3 or 4 point matches where a throw would tie it or win it.

I watched the match. 125 was very good of course with the 2 great wrestlers there. 133 was a sv match and was entertaining. Bailey seemed to be in control the entire match. 149 was actually a bit boring. 157 made up for it with some of those scrambles and the wallering around. Nelson likes to try to man handle everyone, and pin them, so thats always fun to watch. Caldwell/Toal was a good tight match, two good wrestlers, but maybe a little bit boring. 174 was actually a really entertaining match. James and Henderson both had their shots on, but they both kept showing good td defense. 184 was interesting, especially with the near fist fight after Larson stomped on his Schmidtke's head in an attempt to break free from a low single leg attempt. I know you can push off, but not stomp, very interesting bc they were both extremely intense after that. 197 Hall dominated the entire match until Haynes scored a late 2.. Haynes must have been sick over the weekend with the way he wrestled. 285 was well, a heavyweight match. It's sure hard to take down Dom Bradley.

I'm interested to see discussion of Big 5 (what is it called in wrestling--Big 8, Big 12, Big 5?)competition. I'm a Big 10 personally but of course have great respect for the Big 5 as well. I don't see near as many posts on TWT from Big 5 fans as I do for Big 10. Missouri sure seems to have been up and down this year--winning the tough Midlands tourney but struggling in quite a few duals. They also beat Oklahoma St I believe in the national duals. I know at least one Missouri fan weighs in here. Any thoughts on their up and down season so far?

Its been very up and down.

TWT has an inexplicable lack of Oklahoma State fans, there really is no reason for it but they seem to be the only school who hasn't found this site yet.

In terms of total scored points OU came out ahead +7. After 10 matches that's pretty close. I don't remember anything that comes to mind recently that ended up that close but I am sure there has to be somewhere in the books. I am also sure there are point differentials that were the opposite of the team score as well.

The only OSU fan I have seen is Art on here. Herk was right about Pokes fans, they seem to stick to their own boards. Even when I have gone on their boards people rarely respond to most things I have posted or said.