Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Ten 141 pounds

Default Re: Big Ten 141 pounds

Quote Originally Posted by goferphan View Post
    I would friendly wager Marion doesn't take that weight at Big Ten's Herkey with a signature bet?
    Ask me again when were about a week out. I've only seen him wrestle once this year so it's hard to tell if I'm guaging him correctly or if my gut is listening to my heart.
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

<table id="layout_table"><tbody><tr><td colspan="1" id="sub_nav_column" rowspan="1">

</td><td colspan="1" id="content_column" rowspan="1">Division 1 College Rankings, Lineups, Schedules, Recruiting, and Results
    141 LBS NCAA Rankings

1. Kellen Russell-Michigan (Jr)
    2. Boris Novachkov-Cal Poly (Jr)
    3. Mike Thorn-Minnesota (Sr)
    4. Montell Marion-Iowa (Jr)
    5. Jimmy Kennedy-Illinois (Sr)
    6. Zack Bailey-Oklahoma (Sr)
    7. Andrew Alton-Penn State (

5 of the top 7 in the nation are in the big 10. I am amazed Russell is still unbeaten .

</td></tr></tbody></table>

As much as I like Boris right now MM is the only one I can see beating KR & countering his strength & hand control. The only thing that will beat him @ this point is speed or a chess match & so far it looks like no other college wrestler can even have enough strength to start a set of moves off. In Alton III KR doesn't look to create openings until the SV. Before that he is just looking for openings.

I still think Kennedy takes it, assuming he's fully healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    Marion has had two matches since he's gotten back in the line up, in my eyes those two matches aren't enough to discount the season that Russell has had so far.

Before Marion's win over Alton the only opponent that the consensus 2-5 guys (Thorn, Kennedy, Novachkov, Alton) had lost to was Kellen Russell.

He's the clear favorite.
    I think we need to see how Marion wrestles along with the others you mentioned. I don't think there is a clear cut favorite at this weight as of today!

Russell is the FAVORITE, now would I bet him? Probably not.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    Marion has had two matches since he's gotten back in the line up, in my eyes those two matches aren't enough to discount the season that Russell has had so far.

Before Marion's win over Alton the only opponent that the consensus 2-5 guys (Thorn, Kennedy, Novachkov, Alton) had lost to was Kellen Russell.

He's the clear favorite.
    We'll see this Sunday when Michigan pays a visit to Iowa.

Any of those 5 can win it. Who's hot who's cold.........they'll all end up in Phily when it counts.
    Life's not the breaths you take, the breathing in and out that gets you through the day ain't what it's all about. It's the moments that take your breath away.

And, this Friday, Kennedy vs Alton and Sunday Thorn vs Alton. This weekend should give some more indication. But with that group, on any given tournament the results would likely change. It reminds me a bit of 149 a couple of years ago that had 5 former/future national champs--Metcalf, Caldwell, Burroughs, Schlatter, O'Connor plus 2 runners-up: Jenkins and Palmer. This group may not be quite as deep as that one, but it's good. Can anybody think of a weight class at the NCAA's that was as loaded as the 2008 149 class?

Quote Originally Posted by TomWright25 View Post
    And, this Friday, Kennedy vs Alton and Sunday Thorn vs Alton. This weekend should give some more indication. But with that group, on any given tournament the results would likely change. It reminds me a bit of 149 a couple of years ago that had 5 former/future national champs--Metcalf, Caldwell, Burroughs, Schlatter, O'Connor plus 2 runners-up: Jenkins and Palmer. This group may not be quite as deep as that one, but it's good. Can anybody think of a weight class at the NCAA's that was as loaded as the 2008 149 class?
    There isn't a weight class that is even remotely close. Also Ryan Lang was a returning finalist.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.