Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scores in titles

Default Scores in titles

Is it asking too much for people not to put the score of a meet in the title of a thread? I dvr a lot of matches and watch them when I can. They are mostly Big 10 matches on BTN, but as most of you know, they usually show the matches on a delay. I like to watch without knowing the result.

I mean no disrespect. I am just asking, politely, for people not to post the score or anything like "team x downs team z" in the thread title. Couldn't you just title it "team x vs. team z results?" Sorry for the rant.

Default Re: Scores in titles

No problem ,quinn14 , I know I will only post the RESULTS in the thread , not the title from now on . A lot of guys do come here for results however and I cannot speak for everyone.

Thanks. Sorry if I sounded bitchy.

only a little...

...another solution would be to watch the match before you go to a site that publishes results...

Now THAT sounded bitchy Schlottke...just kidding.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

Quote Originally Posted by Schlottke View Post
    ...another solution would be to watch the match before you go to a site that publishes results...
    That is true. But it is also why I don't get on the college thread until I have watched the match. Sometimes I have to wait until children are done watching cartoons or until my wife is done watching Grey's Anatomy. Yet, I can flip open the computer to try and find some matches on the "good matches" thread. Unfortunately, for me, I can also see the score of a match that I have taped. Kinda ruins the match. I guess I could turn off spongebob and make my niece and nephew cry and therefore also ruining my wrestling watching experience. But that sucks, too.

I was only asking. If it is too much to ask, then just keep doing it. I just don't really see why it would be a problem not to do it.

I'm sure most people won't have a problem doing that. It's that stupid copy/paste function!
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

I guess the issue I have with that is there are so many ways to figure out results even if it isn't in a thread title specifically. Someone can mention results in a completely unrelated thread, someone can start a thread with a major match/upset in the dual, etc. Bottom line - if you want to avoid knowing the results of a college wrestling match that already ended, going to a college wrestling board is a very unwise idea.