Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: #2 Iowa v. #4 Minnesota Predictions/Discussion/Results

Default Re: #2 Iowa v. #4 Minnesota Predictions/Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by grapplefan View Post
    Gofer, you're really back!! I'd say that 174 goes Iowa's way. Do you really trust Glaser when the chips are down? If the Hawks wrestler like they did in Happy Valley, I'd be happy.
    I would NOT lay all of my chips on Glasser, no, but when forced to make a decision I am going with the more experienced wrestler in front of his home crowd. That was the only reason. Glasser reminds me of Gabriel Dretsch and a box of chocolates, I NEVER know what I'm gonna get.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

Quote Originally Posted by goferphan View Post
    (ONLY be oldfart asked my opinion)

149 Ballweg v Zilverburg +3 Iowa
    This will be bumped up Ballweg now but I like how Zilverburg has progressed. He keeps this competitive throughout as he fills his weight normally but he will lose a close decision here.

Will this be the test to see if little Ballweg can handle the reins at 149? Watching him wrestling against Molinaro there was a big size advantage for Molinaro, will this be the same Zilverburg? <O</O

I really think Minny goes with Ben the rest of the year. Nelson was given a shot and did not set the world afire. Go ahead and go with Big Ben and let him have his Sr. year.
    Plus he would make a great supp pick .

Ass!
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

McDonough by dec
    Ramos by dec
    Marion by dec
    Ballweg by dec
    DSJ by major
    yohn by dec
    glasser by dec
    gambrall by dec
    yohn by dec
    Nelson by dec

IOWA- 19
    Minny-12
    I shoot, I score. He shoots, I score
    -Dan Gable

33,41,49,65,74,84,hvy all could go either way.

I dont see Mcd losing to Sanders ever personally. DSJ should beat Grygelko handily and Yohn you'd expect to beat LL.

Reminds me a lot of the okey state dual in that there were tons of matches that you could see going either way.

Just hope it's not another tie. I really see the hawks winning more of the swing matches and I think that will be the difference.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    33,41,49,65,74,84,hvy all could go either way.

I dont see Mcd losing to Sanders ever personally. DSJ should beat Grygelko handily and Yohn you'd expect to beat LL.

Reminds me a lot of the okey state dual in that there were tons of matches that you could see going either way.

Just hope it's not another tie. I really see the hawks winning more of the swing matches and I think that will be the difference.
    All that being said, go ahead and make a prediction VA so that we can know where you stand versus coming back afterwards and telling everyone that they were wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by goferphan View Post
    All that being said, go ahead and make a prediction VA so that we can know where you stand versus coming back afterwards and telling everyone that they were wrong?
    I almost always do predictions just have not done any for this match YET. I rarely make fun of others predictions in these duals and I'm not sure if you're confusing me with someone else.

There are like 10 monday morning QB's floating around after the PSU/Iowa dual though that I'm sure you could give a hard time. I'll do my predictions later though.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

I'm a little new to this posting thing, but doesn't it seem likely that Iowa will win this? The post above from Gage that gives it as 19 for Iowa and 12 for Minn seems very probable to me. Given their wrestling at Penn State, I think Iowa will walk away from this dual rather handily. I especially think that Ramos will take 133. That kid is really impressive. I hadn't noticed him much until I watched the Ohio State / Iowa duals. And after watching him beat Long, I'm becoming convinced that he is a major player at 133. I'm sure Marion will take 141. Anyway. Right? It's Iowa? One last - sort of unrelated thought - the Big Ten Network tends to show a lot of Ohio State Duals and I'm beginning to feel really bad for Michael Fee. Does he ever win?