Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Caldwell DEC Parks 3-1

Herbert DEC Askren 5-4

Default Caldwell DEC Parks 3-1

Thoughts?
    I wish I could kick Matt Dragon in the balls. In his Dragonballz.

Default Re: Caldwell DEC Parks 3-1

Quote Originally Posted by Gripsnhips View Post
    Thoughts?
    he was content to win by 2?
    Super 32 Challenge - October 26-27, 2013

"Good things happen when you wrestle for a full seven minutes." -- Jayson Ness, post-finals press conference

Herbert DEC Askren 5-4

haha nice
    I wish I could kick Matt Dragon in the balls. In his Dragonballz.

Caldwell got a takedown at the end of the first period. According to Coach Smith and Parks, Darrion gassed pretty hard by the end of the match, but held on for the victory as Parks really picked up the pace for the last 30-40 seconds. Probably an encouraging result for Parks even though he lost and Caldwell isn't at 100% - seemed to be confident that he would win a rematch. Caldwell needs a few more competitive matches like this that go the distance before NCAAs, he can't rely on his superior talent alone to win the title. I don't think he's going to get them though, so he'll have to train like he did the last month or two of 2009.

Gassing vs Parks who is a notorious gasser is a bad sign.

I was going to say, if Jamal Parks is saying you gassed then you must have REALLY gassed.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

149 more up for grabs than I could have ever imagined.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

I think Caldwell will still be there at the end. I will never doubt that kid after what he did to Metcalf.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

Parks doesn't seem to gas to me at least. He just shuts down. He really is content to win by 1 or 2 every match. It isn't that he can't score anymore because he is tired, just that he has no desire to. It is just as frustrating from a fan's standpoint.