Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Donnie Vinson dec Kyle Dake 5-3

Default Re: Donnie Vinson dec Kyle Dake 5-3

I agree about Grajales, Russ. If anything keeps him from being an All-American, it will be his size. He looked very good though, switched from move to move naturally.

Quote Originally Posted by Gold View Post
    I agree about Grajales, Russ. If anything keeps him from being an All-American, it will be his size. He looked very good though, switched from move to move naturally.
    Haven't seen him in a while but earlier in the year he appeared to start fast and then gas horribly toward the end of matches, is he wrestling effectively through whole matches now?

Eric Grajales is dead to me...

That being said a healthy DC waxes all these guys.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by oldfart View Post
    Haven't seen him in a while but earlier in the year he appeared to start fast and then gas horribly toward the end of matches, is he wrestling effectively through whole matches now?
    Well he did against tOSU's guy, who isn't exactly elite competition. Nonetheless he hit a head and arm in the closing seconds to get the tech fall. Wrestled hard the whole match. It's the only match of his I've watched this year though so I wouldn't know how to judge any improvement.

dake stalled vs. molinaro as well.

Quote Originally Posted by joony View Post
    dake stalled vs. molinaro as well.
    I agree.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Yeah, he probably should have been dinged at least once in that match but he had some offense going in that one. Sounds like he was just dead in this match.

I guess Dake and Vinson know each other quite well and have practiced and drilled together quite a bit in h.s. This guy likely knew some weaknesses to exploit that others don't, and more importantly when to capitalize based on a split-second hint or feel. It's the old, "O.k., here comes his duck-under" that Vinson knows is coming based on a subtle hint. Combine that with maybe some nerves on Dake's part about wrestling this guy and this mystery sluggishness we're seeing and you pull out the win.

Does anybody think that pressure to defend or excel might be a factor to Dake's sluggishness, or maybe even a little bit of "fat and happy" syndrome?

Quote Originally Posted by oldfart View Post
    Yeah, he probably should have been dinged at least once in that match but he had some offense going in that one. Sounds like he was just dead in this match.

I guess Dake and Vinson know each other quite well and have practiced and drilled together quite a bit in h.s. This guy likely knew some weaknesses to exploit that others don't, and more importantly when to capitalize based on a split-second hint or feel. It's the old, "O.k., here comes his duck-under" that Vinson knows is coming based on a subtle hint. Combine that with maybe some nerves on Dake's part about wrestling this guy and this mystery sluggishness we're seeing and you pull out the win.

Does anybody think that pressure to defend or excel might be a factor to Dake's sluggishness, or maybe even a little bit of "fat and happy" syndrome?
    Totally agree, with it all.