Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Donnie Vinson dec Kyle Dake 5-3

Default Re: Donnie Vinson dec Kyle Dake 5-3

He's never been the most wide open aggressive guy, and maybe the weight cut is just exacerbating his defensive nature.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

This is N.G. (No Good). It has to be the weight. He has ALWAYS been an aggressive wrestler, and I'm not sure I'd ever seen him get hit with one stall before this year (including h.s.), much less three. This kid may end up being a 165 by the end of his college career.

All the focus on Dake's loss and nary a mention of Mike Grey's return at 133.

133: No. 7 Mike Grey (Cornell) maj. dec. Dan Riggi (Binghamton), 18-6 (Cornell, 8-0)
    Life's not the breaths you take, the breathing in and out that gets you through the day ain't what it's all about. It's the moments that take your breath away.

Hey! Mike Grey is back!

I think it's too late in the year for Dake to move up, especially with DJ wrestling well at 157. They have a chance to be NCAA champs, to pull that off Dake needs to be at 149

Not to mention I don't think Meagher would be allowed to get down to 49 at this point (unless he's already certified there). I believe Feb. 5 is the last day you can certify, and he probably wouldn't be able to lose the weight by then.

the 149 pound weight class is so odd this year. Dake has looked sluggish, and now gets a ton of stall calls. Caldwell has been in and out of the line-up (mostly out). Who knows who'll take the NCAA this year?

Caldwell, me thinks. Dake and Molinaro are 2 and 3 imo, with Levalley, Mason and Chamberlain right behind them. After that... a big dropoff.

Gold is right on here-save for Chamberlain -I have seen no improvement this year at all-IF Grajales were about 10% stronger I'd say he was in the running. I know the OSU kid was not the best comp. but Grajales seems to be wrestling very fluidly right now.
    Caldwell is head and shoulders above the pack.