Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Campolattano to Wrestle in College

Default Re: Campolattano to Wrestle in College

An upper weight that talented is hard to come by. I'd give him the full ride. Theres tons of good middle weights but landing a 97 this elite is rare. This is in the same vein of McCauley v. McIntosh in that many would rather have Morgan just because the competition is not as deep where morgan will be.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

I have never seen this guy in action and I can't spend time today looking him up on the net. I'm not sure I have seen this type of discussion and speculation about a h.s. wrestler in a while though. Stylistically, what is this guy like? Who would everyone compare him to? Anyone have links to good matches that I can watch later on tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by Snackem View Post
    Herkey how much money would Iowa have to give him? How many guys now are on what type of scholarship?

I have no idea who is on what type of scholarship. I do know that like other teams, Iowa gives more money to the guys the first year then not as much as time goes on. This kid may not want to give any back and that is understandable.

Having any kind of debt sucks and having your schooling paid for would be great, but so would the opportunity to wrestle at Iowa. I think it would be worth it for him.
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

Quote Originally Posted by oldfart View Post
    I have never seen this guy in action and I can't spend time today looking him up on the net. I'm not sure I have seen this type of discussion and speculation about a h.s. wrestler in a while though. Stylistically, what is this guy like? Who would everyone compare him to? Anyone have links to good matches that I can watch later on tonight?
    Tall and muscular likes to be on his feet. Good enough from bottom to not get ridden, doesn't work much on top.

Hits a sweep or high single with great consistency. Good scrambler and hard to score on.

Not sure who to compare him to.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

The team that I help coach had a common event with Bound Brook the last two of years, so I've gotten to see Camp wrestle around 8-10 matches live.

vais gives a pretty good take, the only thing that I'd add is that he also likes the inside trip a lot.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Quote Originally Posted by oldfart View Post
    I have never seen this guy in action and I can't spend time today looking him up on the net. I'm not sure I have seen this type of discussion and speculation about a h.s. wrestler in a while though.

He's an excellent athlete and wrestler, but the biggest reason you're hearing so much about him right now is because he's just now becoming a wrestling recruit at the end of his senior year. Some lucky team is going to get a very gifted blue chipper when they probably thought their recruiting class was pretty much done. The situation just doesn't come around all that often. Also he's pretty much the only blue chipper left at this point so there's not a lot of other recruits to talk about.

Yea exactly Gold. And while AC earlier in the season said that if he wasn't going to play FB he would love to wrestle for Cael, it is obviously a wide open topic for him now. And while I know that PSU was pursuing him last year, Cael was recently asked if he was still in the hunt for AC & he said NO. But I took that to mean "I am not going to say either way about a prospect." I think after the NCAAs in march this will obviously be one of the top stories in wrestling after that.