Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Campolattano to Wrestle in College

Default Re: Campolattano to Wrestle in College

http://highschoolsports.nj.com/video...stling-future/

6 minute video interview about Camp and his decision. Seems like a good kid but he looks pretty nervous about his upcoming decisions.

I got the impression he isn't really interested in Rutgers for wrestling, anyone else catch that drift?
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

I was without internet all day yesterday so this is the first I've seen of this tread. GREAT news! I hope wherever he ends up like say, Oregon State he has a great career. I can't imagine that PSU has the money left to give to him. I could actually see him at a school like Iowa, Ok State, Minny, Cornell, or Rutgers (in my opinion most likely).
    Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    [D]on't let lack of knowledge impact your ability to post as if you are knowledgeable.

I think it will be very exciting having a talent like Camp in d1 wherever he ends up. He will be a terror once a d1 coach gets a hold of him.

I gotta believe Mizzou has plenty of money left, they signed like 3 guys this year. Dom Bradley and Brent Haynes would be pretty good workout partners. 10 AA's and 2 NCAA Champs since 2008. Not a bad choice. Maybe he wants to be a journalist?

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    He could make "history" at Rutgers which would require what? what? Having a top 10 NCAA finish? Not to mention there will be no partners there on his level.

Or he could make REAL history at PSU. The teams they are going to have could really test the NCAA scoring record if they can fit everyone in their lineup.

You may be correct that he wants to go to Rutgers still but I don't think it's to "make history" I'd guess it'd be because he likes the school and it's close to home.

Being part of what could be the greatest era in Rutgers wrestling history is what I am eluding to. It could be the team that sways the decisions of local wrestlers to stay in NJ going forward. Rutgers having a good team is a bigger deal in NJ than people want to believe. We have seen countless blue chip wrestlers from the garden state sign with out of state programs only to wind up transfering closer to home. I believe more so than any other state. Penn State and Lehigh could be exceptions, as could Maryland.

I agree that Cael could be the perfect coach for his style of wrestling. Reminds me of what David Craig could have been had he signed with Iowa State. However, the buzz and excitement at Rutgers is going to be hard to resist.
    I pictured you as that guy Gaylord in Showboat, passing up taxis to walk because he's broke and playing it off as if it's the doctor's advice. - Clmetal

I got the impression he isn't really interested in Rutgers for wrestling, anyone else catch that drift?
    Yes. His comments kind of reminded me of when Lebron said "Of course Cleveland has the advantage" a couple days before The Decision. I don't say that to bring Campo into a negative light, but that's the way it came across to me.

EDIT: With that said, I like seeing kids stay at home. It would be great for Rutgers and NJ if he stayed, and that's probably the #2 place I'd like to see him go. As for OSU (#1), if he comes, great. If not, no big deal.
    Last edited by Gold; 01-26-2011 at 12:51 PM.

I mean if he really was sold on rutgers as the college for him I think he would have just been like "I'm not going to play football, but I am going to wrestle at rutgers." And that would have been it.

It would be nice to see him at Iowa. Anywhere but crappy valley would be good in my opinion.
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

I thought that, too, especially when he began discussing academics. Maybe that was a canned response.

Does anyone know if Camp has a 3.0+ GPA student? If so, I have to imagine that this automatically means that places like Cornell (Hahn) and Northwestern (Herbert) will be after him.

If he chooses to stay locally, I have to believe that Lehigh (Mocco, then Stroebel, Trenge and Cummins-LVAC) has a shot, as does PSU (Sanderson, and then Varner, Wright, Sigman and Anspach at the NLWC).