Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1118192021222324 LastLast

Thread: #1 Penn State v. #6 Iowa Predictions/Discussion

Default Re: #1 Penn State v. #6 Iowa Predictions/Discussion

Too bad still shots really mean much in the context of a guy being pinned or not, a momentary stack up or roll through could be viewed as proof of a pin with a still but that does not mean they were. Let it go.

I have pictures of just like that with Jayson Ness on his back and stuck (in the picture)vs Dan Dennis; I have watched the video several times and a fall call would have been very suspect imo. In freestyle maybe a pin; folkstyle not so much.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke 1984-2011

Redshirt

I watched the match on a 65" high def TV. I was less than 10ft away from the screen. The camera angle was perfect. (Okay, I was jumping up and down, but still paying attention). I did not see a pin.

Can we start talking about Hendricks being stuck again? Because that was great.

Quote Originally Posted by kr1963 View Post
    No coverage. Just changed my prediction a few weeks before the dual. That other one was a month ago. Vegas changes their lines all the time. But I forgot. Everything I do is wrong or a crime in your book. And when people call you out for a being a hypocrite you apparently can't deal with it. Get Bent? Get phkd. CW & Tampa arent so far apart...
    And I get called classless for posting a link that contained "eatshit" in Jest. He tells you to "get bent" out of anger...but that's okay I guess?

Zapp, I made a prediction based on how I felt the match would go, and I was dead wrong. It wasn't smack talk, it's a prediction. An educated guess. The fact that KR made a guess in Dec, and then changed it as the match drew closer is understandable, considering Martellotti couldn't be factored in and Wright's injury/recovery was unknown.

but hey, make a big deal out of it. I need a good laugh today.

The truth is we got are ass handed to us they were better prepared than we were. Wright has not looked good all year not sure the year off helped at all. I think this loss happened at a perfect time to motivate our guys for nationals lets hope it does.

Could there be a corelation between the coaching that Wright is getting the past two years compared to what he was getting when he was a true freshman? He and Mark Perry seemed to work out quite well. Maybe Wright doesnt fit well with Cunningham and Cael. Maybe he needs to give Mark a call and have a heart to heart.

I would hope that it's just his injury that is keeping him down, but after reading Caels remarks about his effort I have to think otherwise.
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

Quote Originally Posted by Herkey#1 View Post
    Could there be a corelation between the coaching that Wright is getting the past two years compared to what he was getting when he was a true freshman? He and Mark Perry seemed to work out quite well. Maybe Wright doesnt fit well with Cunningham and Cael. Maybe he needs to give Mark a call and have a heart to heart.

I would hope that it's just his injury that is keeping him down, but after reading Caels remarks about his effort I have to think otherwise.
    Cael's comments were spot on. With that being said, It's Cael's job (and the PSU coaching staff's job) to fix Wright's game and get his head right.

Quote Originally Posted by Badcat View Post
    Cael's comments were spot on. With that being said, It's Cael's job (and the PSU coaching staff's job) to fix Wright's game and get his head right.
    I agree, but what was Perry doing that the current coaching staff isnt doing? He obviously is capable of being an AA but isnt there at the moment. Maybe hes not listening to them. Dunno.
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09