Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 ... LastLast
Results 118 to 126 of 211

Thread: #1 Penn State v. #6 Iowa Predictions/Discussion

  1. #118
    Related To Gage Trusty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    4,429

    Default Re: #1 Penn State v. #6 Iowa Predictions/Discussion

    ass kickin.....

  2. #119

    Default Re: #1 Penn State v. #6 Iowa Predictions/Discussion

    Yes good job Herk. The voicemail that you left me was pretty much spot on as well. I will go ahead and cash that bank deposit now.

    Also, there are a lot of PSU fans out there that think that PSU will show up at Nationals. This could very well be the case, but Bael does not have the best track record getting his guys primed for Nationals either like Tommy has.

    Time will definitely tell......and another thing. First time I have really seen David Taylor, and I am really impressed. I am going to call it that he is a 4X NCAA Champion right now. He is the real deal, and I understand now why the Clones were so pissed when he left.

  3. #120

    Default Re: #1 Penn State v. #6 Iowa Predictions/Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by dback_5 View Post
    Time will definitely tell......and another thing. First time I have really seen David Taylor, and I am really impressed. I am going to call it that he is a 4X NCAA Champion right now. He is the real deal, and I understand now why the Clones were so pissed when he left.
    That seems like a weird comment to me. I realize it's your first time watching him, but I can only assume you've heard herculian type things about him. I've watched him since he was a 94lb. freshman in HS. That was the worst I've seen him wrestle. I am probably the biggest David Taylor fan on this board (except maybe Gold) and I thought he wrestled awful. So, if that is the first time you have seen him, keep watching!! He can only excite you more and more as you watch.

    But can someone explain to me why they put St. John down after the second or third time Taylor grabbed his eye? I didn't see st. john jab him or anything. And to be honest, I didn't know there was a rule that if someone complains of an eye poke that their opponent is put in the down position. I am sure I missed something, I just don't know what.

  4. #121

    Default Re: #1 Penn State v. #6 Iowa Predictions/Discussion

    I watched the match on a horrible, horrible live stream, and my guess is that St. John took two injury timeouts.. I could be wrong though.

    And I agree Taylor wrestled like garbage and this was his worst performance of the season. Which is saying a LOT about his talent.

  5. #122

    Default Re: #1 Penn State v. #6 Iowa Predictions/Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by iamthesituation View Post
    I watched the match on a horrible, horrible live stream, and my guess is that St. John took two injury timeouts.. I could be wrong though.

    And I agree Taylor wrestled like garbage and this was his worst performance of the season. Which is saying a LOT about his talent.
    I watched it on BTN and didn't see St. John take injury time outs at all. Taylor kept turning away and grabbing his eye like he lost a contact. I think he actually did lose one at one point, but the announcers even said that his eye problems were not caused by St. John doing anything illegal. They both changed levels and were shooting, but St. John didn't try and poke him. Yet, the ref put St. John in the down postition. I have never heard of that in folkstyle wrestling. Someone please let me know what I missed.

  6. #123
    Super Moderator Zapp Brannigan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Staten Island, NY
    Posts
    8,269

    Default Re: #1 Penn State v. #6 Iowa Predictions/Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by kr1963 View Post
    No Zapp you are pretty wrong on this on all counts. You can ask Vais. I have been talking to him saying Iowa would win & why. Just calling as I was seeing it. Where you obviously couldn'tt see & make fun of others who did exactly what you did. I think that would qualify you as Village Idiot in most books...
    Sorry, I didn't have the benefit of making two separate sets of predictions like you did. Either way, I got 8 out of 10 match predictions correct. As opposed to the guy who I called out who, you know, got 3 out of 10. But hey, it's the same thing. Since I didn't get EVERY match correct, I have no right to talk smack, even though my team won. Oh wait, that's not how it works at all.

    And by the way, if you want to drag other people into it, you can ask vais about a conversation yesterday where he asked me if I thought Gambrall and Rasing were our best shots at upsets, and I told him no, Ramos and Gambrall were our best bets, and both guys had a reasonable shot at getting the upset, and also that those two picks were assuming that Marion didn't wrestle, because if he did wrestle, he was our best bet for the upset.

    Sorry you don't appreciate getting called out for what you are doing. Who cares if you were telling vais three days ago that you thought Iowa could win or would win, you did it for the sole purpose of doing what you're doing in this thread: either way you win. Either your team is victorious or your "against the grain" predictions make you look good.

    Quote Originally Posted by kr1963 View Post
    See thats manning up & I appreciate that. You owned up to being incorrect in your evaluation & b/c of that I believe you when you say that if it had been @ HCA you would have called it the other way. ME? I rarely go off of analytical data & go off my gut. So despite what my mind was trying to tell me I just trusted my gut. Whereas Zapp didn't own up to it & immediately made fun of someone for doing what he did. Insert EYE ROLLAGE here...
    Because I didn't come in here and acknowledge that I didn't get EVERY match right, and Badcat, a poster who has been talking tremendous amounts of smack about the Hawkeyes and Brands, got 3 out of 10 right, I'm doing something wrong? Get bent, dude.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

    One, two, Evans is coming for you...

  7. #124
    Super Moderator Zapp Brannigan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Staten Island, NY
    Posts
    8,269

    Default Re: #1 Penn State v. #6 Iowa Predictions/Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    I watched it on BTN and didn't see St. John take injury time outs at all. Taylor kept turning away and grabbing his eye like he lost a contact. I think he actually did lose one at one point, but the announcers even said that his eye problems were not caused by St. John doing anything illegal. They both changed levels and were shooting, but St. John didn't try and poke him. Yet, the ref put St. John in the down postition. I have never heard of that in folkstyle wrestling. Someone please let me know what I missed.
    Because Taylor took two injury timeouts, Derek St. John got choice of position and took bottom.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

    One, two, Evans is coming for you...

  8. #125

    Default Re: #1 Penn State v. #6 Iowa Predictions/Discussion

    Get bent? I love the eighties Zapp!

    BTW, I predicted all ten correctly and I might keep pointing it out until next years dual.
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

    "I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

  9. #126

    Default Re: #1 Penn State v. #6 Iowa Predictions/Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Zapp Brannigan View Post
    Because Taylor took two injury timeouts, Derek St. John got choice of position and took bottom.
    Thank you. I didn't know that was a rule.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •