Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Minnesota v. Illinois Results/Discussion

Default Re: Minnesota v. Illinois Results/Discussion

Except for maybe when you're returning from an injury and your team has duals that its definitely going to win?
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

21-16 doesn't feel like a definite to me but I know what you are saying.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

The match was already sealed up when 197 came around is what I mean, Steinhaus clinched the dual for the Gophers.

They intimated in the press release for this week that Yohn would be back soon, so had the match been in doubt maybe we'd have seen him then.

With the match in hand though, there was no need.

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

I just miss seeing what that line-up can do when they are all out there. If that Yohn/Friedl 1-0 match goes the other way perhaps we would have seen him. I thought we might see Mincey again too but it must be that Grygelko beats him in the wrestling room. Grygelko HAS looked better the last few weeks.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

Mincey and Grygelko are at different weights, Mincey wrestled 149 on Friday.

Based on how high sonny was ranked in that coaches poll I wouldn't wrestle him again til big 10s! Protect that seed son!
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Sorry, I mean Mincey instead of Zilverburg, my bad.

VA brings up an interesting point in my opinion. The whole "seeding" thing to me has always kind of bothered me a little bit. I understand guys get hurt and I understand guys should have some special consideration when it comes to some seeding but I am a big fan of guys earning their seeds on the mat. Especially a guy that is a #1 or #2 seed. If they are really that good and they don't wrestle in the conference season then I feel they should be dropped down. If they are that good they will wrestle through it and in most instances earn their way to NCAA's.

I like to see guys that put it on the mat every week get consideration. I think you could see in the Coaches Poll that Yohn appeared to be a guy like that who had some losses but had been wrestling alot of matches. I guess the Purdue kid kind of made mincemeat of that ranking but still, he had earned it in my opinion.