Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rutgers 24 Virginia Tech 7

Default Rutgers 24 Virginia Tech 7

The same VTech that finished 2nd at The Duals and knocked off Wisconsin to get there.

Good wrestling by most for RU. Winston looked weak once again though he won in overtime, 7-5. He was hit with 2 stall calls in the final minute to tie but then hit the TD in OT.

125 Langel 8-7 over Garnett (RU 3-0)
    133 Carter 13-3 over Demarco (VTech 4-3)
    141 Melde 7-6 over #13 Chris Diaz (RU 6-4)
    149 #4 Mason 4-2 over #8 Stephens (RU 9-4 )
    157 #8 Jesse Dong 4-2 over #17 Cocozzo vs (RU 9-7)
    165 #7 Winston 7-5 (OT) over Yates(RU 12-7)
    174 #18 Caruso 3-2 over Epperly (RU 15-7)
    184 Rinaldi vs 4-2 over Dickson (RU 18-7)
    197 Wagner 7-5 over Penny (RU 21-7)
    285 #4 Russo 8-3 over Marone (RU 24-7)
    Life's not the breaths you take, the breathing in and out that gets you through the day ain't what it's all about. It's the moments that take your breath away.

Default Re: Rutgers 24 Virginia Tech 7

Wow, great performance, on paper, I saw VTech edging them out. Big wins from Langel and Melde.

Imagine Rutgers was able to recruit Cagnina to insert him at 133. Wow, that would have been sweet. I never thought we would see this team crack the top 5 ever, let alone this soon. Nice job.
    I pictured you as that guy Gaylord in Showboat, passing up taxis to walk because he's broke and playing it off as if it's the doctor's advice. - Clmetal

Top 5 at this point in time is pushing it even for an insider. I'll say the mid to lower end of the top ten. Navy, Virginia and Lehigh on deck over the next 3 weeks. We'll see. Hopefully they get a fair draw for the EIWA.
    Life's not the breaths you take, the breathing in and out that gets you through the day ain't what it's all about. It's the moments that take your breath away.

Diaz is one of the most inconsistent wrestlers in recent memory. Any thoughts to them putting Neibert in there for a bit?

Kinda doubt it G-this is his last shot-looks like he might need a respite as Melde is having an even more inconsistent year. Nice job by Coco slowing things down..

Quote Originally Posted by leglace View Post
    Wow, great performance, on paper, I saw VTech edging them out. Big wins from Langel and Melde.

Imagine Rutgers was able to recruit Cagnina to insert him at 133. Wow, that would have been sweet. I never thought we would see this team crack the top 5 ever, let alone this soon. Nice job.
    Andrew Campolattano didn't have the greatest senior season on the football field. He didn't make any of the 6 All State football teams which one would expect to see for a Div 1 football scholly. There's still a chance he could flip sports . Sure would be a nice patch for 197. He's up at 215 this season.

Had Dan White not done whatever he did ?? Rutgers would easily be a top 5 team .

With wins over VTech and Missouri, with just one loss for the season, I see a top 5 ranking. Of course a victory over Lehigh would reinforce it more. But Rutgers is ranked higher than Lehigh so it should not be required.
    I pictured you as that guy Gaylord in Showboat, passing up taxis to walk because he's broke and playing it off as if it's the doctor's advice. - Clmetal

Quote Originally Posted by Gantry View Post
    Diaz is one of the most inconsistent wrestlers in recent memory. Any thoughts to them putting Neibert in there for a bit?
    This is the exact same thing I thought when I looked over this dual. VTech had a great weekend at Natty duals but I believe it was a little premature to rank them so high with them squeaking out wins and getting timely bonus pts. I like the future of both these programs though shows the strength that is gearing up in the east and College wrestling is starting to mimic the NFL with the parity involved in 1-15 minus Penn State!