Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rumor: Howe is out for the season

Default Re: Rumor: Howe is out for the season

Quote Originally Posted by SetonHallPirate View Post
    It's Conrad Polz, not Polzen. Polzen is a river in the Czech Republic.
    TLV, allow me.
    Mountain Wrestler's brilliant response to an assertion that Darrion Caldwell is exponentially more talented than Alex Meade also applies to this correction:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountainwrestler View Post

Quote Originally Posted by TLV View Post
    Howe was wreslting Polzen, a 50/50 wrestler on Sunday afternoon when he grimaced...Barry, knowing how tough AH is immediately stopped the match and MFed it. The blogger who certainly means well but doesn't know much about wrestling thought that it was a 'cramp'. Barry has explained that he knew that it was an injurey and that AH
    would want to continue but would not let him....he is a GREAT friend to his kids besides being an outstanding coach.
    BTW, when asked who he had in the wrestling room who he had to replace AH, Barry mentioned Donny Pritzlaff!
    :-)
    I'm picturing Barry sprinting the 50 yards to the center of the mat, blowing right by Quinn Kessenich, and jumping between the wrestlers after glimpsing a grimace from the tunnel.

In all seriousness, great move by Barry.

Quote Originally Posted by RYou View Post
    On top of missing NCAA's this year, he will likely miss all other opportunities to qualify for an '11/'12 Olympic waiver from the NCAA. I dare not outline what those opportunities are for fear of the wrath if Skippy, lest I get them incorrect.
    I remember when this used to be a valued forum to make contributions to. Too bad the orchestrator has evolved into the obnoxious dicktator.

rarely, but probably a lot more often than ll of the others that have moved on.
    Last edited by RYou; 01-20-2011 at 08:44 PM.
    Life's not the breaths you take, the breathing in and out that gets you through the day ain't what it's all about. It's the moments that take your breath away.

Quote Originally Posted by RYou View Post
    I remember when this used to be a valued forum to make contributions to. Too bad the orchestrator has evolved into the obnoxious dicktator.
    Yet you keep coming back...
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

In the interest of the actual topic of this thread, posters on the Wisconsin site are reporting that Barry Davis said on the radio today that Howe doesn't need surgery and will be back within 4-6 weeks.

Take it for what its worth.

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

I want Onufer back then
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

THAT would be GREAT.

usa66 Speak to Me

<table border="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr> <td valign="middle"></td> <td valign="middle"> Nebraska Tomorrow Night...
    ? on: January 20, 2011, 07:39:06 PM ?
    </td> <td style="font-size: smaller;" align="right" height="20" valign="bottom"> Quote </td> </tr></tbody></table> <hr class="hrcolor" size="1" width="100%"> Looking forward to seeing a big crowd once again tomorrow night, the most anticipated match of the year won't happen, but I can promise there will be plenty of fireworks, with a patchwork lineup trying to beat a formidable opponent! Two ranked wrestlers will meet at 84 and Heavy and I like our chances in both, with as many as 6 swing matches going either way, so an exciting dual none the less.

6 wrestlers will also head to Dubuque to wrestle in the Pat Flash Flanagan Open on Saturday.

Expected Lineup for Nebraska.

Kelliher, Graff, Arnel, Perry, York, Prezzia, Jordan, Rutt, Borlie, Bugenhagen.

As far as the big elephant in the room, Andrew will most likely have season ending surgery next week.
    This was just posted on Earl's site. USA66 is Coach Frayer.

Sounds like their messages are a little crossed...