Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bust Recruits and Late Bloomers?

Default Re: Bust Recruits and Late Bloomers?

Quote Originally Posted by yoces51 View Post
    I think Herkey meant that Brands' influence is so great in the wrestling world that he can change a bust into a champion simply by being in the same state as him...or maybe he did just mistype.
    I think that he mistyped, but I'll let him clarify that.

I would certainly HOPE that Iowa fans aren't that delusional to think that Brands has that ability! However, I've seen stranger thoughts than that come from Iowa fans.
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

Jake Rosholt was not off to a great start and was ready to quit his freshman year. I'm not positive what the expectations were on him, but I'm guessing they were pretty high. He certainly wasn't there in December, and probably wasn't really there until the Friday of nationals. I guess if you are going to bloom, that is as good a time as any.

Ha! I meant to say Scwhab. Brands has nothing to do with it.
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

It's hard to judge Grajales because he clearly is not a 149 pounder, which is a shame because I guess he will have to wrestle that weight again next year unless he gets an olympic waiver for greco (a true possibility). Didn't Grajales have wins over Dake their senior year of high school?

Quote Originally Posted by DrFeelNice View Post
    It's hard to judge Grajales because he clearly is not a 149 pounder, which is a shame because I guess he will have to wrestle that weight again next year unless he gets an olympic waiver for greco (a true possibility). Didn't Grajales have wins over Dake their senior year of high school?
    Might be a Greco match in there where Grajales beat Dake but not sure about folkstyle. But, Dake clearly on a different level as he was in HS. I saw Paddock handle Dake relatively easily in the state final (both were juniors). Weights aside, I think we all see the quality difference between these two now.

Quote Originally Posted by DrFeelNice View Post
    Dake beat Grajales to make the World Junior Team in Greco a few years ago and then Grajales beat Dake in Greco after their senior year of high school. I don't believe they wrestled in folk.