Thread: NCAA qualifying question

Default NCAA qualifying question

I know that I asked this question last year so I apologize for my ignorance but how does the NCAA decide which conference sends how many wrestlers (not including WC) to the championships? Is it a set number every year or does it change?
    Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    [D]on't let lack of knowledge impact your ability to post as if you are knowledgeable.

Default Re: NCAA qualifying question

Quote Originally Posted by Snackem View Post
    I know that I asked this question last year so I apologize for my ignorance but how does the NCAA decide which conference sends how many wrestlers (not including WC) to the championships? Is it a set number every year or does it change?
    At least it isn't just me who wonders this every year.

Default Re: NCAA qualifying question

From the link posted above:

The champion in each of the 10 weight classes at each qualifying tournament shall automatically qualify
    for the national championships. Each conference or regional qualifying tournament will be informed on February 24, 2011
    of the number of qualifiers awarded in each of the 10 weight classes. It is anticipated that 250-300 positions
    (approximately 25-30 wrestlers per weight class) will be awarded through this process. For 2011, the
    Championships/Sports Management Cabinet has allocated 330 positions for the Division I Wrestling Championships.