Thread: Is this match significant ??

Default Is this match significant ??

149 Matthew Nereim (North Carolina State ) DEC Derek Valenti (Virginia) 12 - 5

Why yank his RS this late ?? He is their super recruit to take over for DC next year.

Default Re: Is this match significant ??

Rumor has it DC's grades aren't so hot. I also heard tell from you that he failed a urine test.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

Quote Originally Posted by r.payton@att.net View Post
    He is their super recruit to take over for DC next year.
    If you remember the Youtube video from the preseason he's also quite the rapper...
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Kid is good enough to nearly major Valenti. Must have skills .

Quote Originally Posted by r.payton@att.net View Post
    149 Matthew Nereim (North Carolina State ) DEC Derek Valenti (Virginia) 12 - 5

Why yank his RS this late ?? He is their super recruit to take over for DC next year.
    Even if DC is still hurt or whatever and not wrestling, it still makes little sense. They aren't having a great year by any means and pretty much out of any team/individual title without Caldwell. Why not save him?

The whole thing makes little sense, but I'm not sure it's a reflection of DC not coming back...

Perhaps the kid wants to wrestle and said if he doesnt he's leaving? Maybe hes leaving college in 4 years regardless and told them that.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

Quote Originally Posted by Gantry View Post
    Even if DC is still hurt or whatever and not wrestling, it still makes little sense. They aren't having a great year by any means and pretty much out of any team/individual title without Caldwell. Why not save him?

The whole thing makes little sense, but I'm not sure it's a reflection of DC not coming back...
    As a team -with or w/out Caldwell--N C State is going Nowhere-and the kid WILL not wrestle if DC comes back as Palmer is a decent 157 and Little a very good 141. So they wait until NOW to yank his RS ? I really do NOT care : just seems very odd to me .

It's extremely odd, I'm saying even with DC out there's little benefit to using him now. This team ain't going to contend for anything this year, why not shelve him regardless of what's happening with DC?

I thought the same thing Russ. Very strange and perhaps very telling.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.