Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Howe is a dirty wrestler.

Default Howe is a dirty wrestler.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for tough, physical, in your face, "Iowa style wrestling", but after watching his finals match a second time I couldn't help but notice numerous dirty tactics. When he was in on Burroughs leg he intentionally tried to bend it in the wrong direction and it looked as though Burroughs was yelling for him to stop before the ref actually stopped it. Then after he head-butted Burroughs, and Burroughs was calling for time, he whacked him in the head about 5 or 6 more times trying to keep the ref to see what was going on. He also pushed Burroughs out of bounce late, forcing him to hurdle a photagrapher.

I like tough wrestling, as long as it's within the rules. Come March I'll be pulling hard for JB to beat him again.

Default Re: Howe is a dirty wrestler.

KS-
    They wrestle a dual in 3 weeks . So you won't have to wait until March-that is also the first Time I ever saw Andrew lose his temper on the mat.
    I agree-a big difference between wrestling tough and doing the stuff Howe did.

Quote Originally Posted by r.payton@att.net View Post
    KS-
    They wrestle a dual in 3 weeks . So you won't have to wait until March-that is also the first Time I ever saw Andrew lose his temper on the mat.
    Thanks for the info Payton. I didn't know that they were going to meet in 3 weeks. I really didn't have an opinion on Howe prior to the Burroughs match. Other than the fact that his style was kind of vanilla, without a whole lot of flashiness. But some of the stuff he was pulling at the Scuffle just rubbed me the wrong way. In the future I hope the refs keep a closer eye on this stuff.

Oh, he had one match last year....Cuthberson of Boise state in which the flames went on big time. He came from behind and won 10-8, but I remember thinking at the time, that he was vunerable to losing his temper and that may hurt him somewhere down the line.
    Still, if any of you remember watching the Brand boys wrestle, he did NOTHING in his match against JB.
    The Art of living is more like wrestling than dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by r.payton@att.net View Post
    KS-
    I said earlier that from the interview FLO did with AH after the match that JB got in his head. And I don't think that JB was even trying to do that.

I noticed the same things.

If it were someone for Iowa there would be minimum 36 threads on themat about it.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Howe certainly leads with his head, but he wasn't over the line IMO during this match.

My main complaint is how many times these guys- especially Burroughs- went out of bounds in this match... drives me crazy. This was a great match, but could have been even better if it didn't get paused every 10 second.
    Last edited by arm-spin; 01-04-2011 at 09:49 PM.

Redshirt

Quote Originally Posted by arm-spin View Post
    Howe certainly leads with his head, but he wasn't over the line IMO during this match.

My main complaint is how many times these guys- especially Burroughs- went out of bounds in this match... drives me crazy. This was a great match, but could have been even better if it didn't get paused every 10 second.

Agree too many breaks. Howe does have the gas tank to last 7min. JB not so much

Like it or not, wrestling the edges of the mat is a tactic. It obviously worked well against Howe. Plus, JB just showed other wrestlers Howe's inability to keep a calm head. If I'm a coach of a wrestler who will oppose Howe, I'm teaching him tactics to piss him off, push him to the edges of the mat, etc. Wrestling is 90% mental IMO, and Howe better get his head straight.