Thread: Good wrestling camp clinicians

Default Good wrestling camp clinicians

I'm in the process of looking for my next summer's camp clinician(s) and I'm curious of some of your opinions on who would be good.

Originally, I was planning on bringing in Matt Gentry, but the timing won't be good as he'll most likely be on the Canadian National team for the Olympics. Then I though about Nick Simmons, as he is at the Orange Crush WC now in Corvallis, but could be in China about that time training.

I don't necessarily want to bring in any OSU guys this year, as I did this year already and they will be doing a fall clinic for us in Oct. The whole philosophy behind doing our camp is to bring in someone new every year so the the knowledge doesn't become stagnant. That was my problem with past camps we attended. Same clinicians every year it seemed like.

Three years ago, we brought in UO AA and Highline CC coach, Scott Norton, Pacific U head coach Scott Miller and his assistant, D3 AA Troy Miller and Pac-10 champ Kevin Keeney. 2yrs ago, we brought in Cal-Fullerton coach and 2time D1 Champ, Dan Hicks. And this year we brought in OSU coach and 2time AA at UO, Kevin Roberts.

We'd like to bring someone in that is good, but at the same time doesn't cost us an arm and a leg.

Suggestions?
    Oregon Wrestling Forum www.theowf.net/the_owf

Don't you know who I am? I'm the JUGGERNAUT BIATCH!!

Default Re: Good wrestling camp clinicians

Edinboro AA Alex Clemsen is also out with the Orange Crush also.
    He let himself down, for what...a woman. I say, go be a world champion let the women come to you......Tito Ortiz

www.d1collegewrestling.net

That's true. that might be an option as well.

Is 2006 U of O NCAA Champ Shane Webster still in the area? His technique is top notch IMO.

I don't know. I don't think he was helping out this past year at UO. Could be wrong though.

I would say Kirk White since he is coaching at Boise State and is from Washington, but he might be training for the Olympics.

Stanford has a bunch of assistant and club coaches aside from Gentry that you could look into -- Vic Moreno, Matt Ellis, and Jason Borelli. They also have former Mongolian national champ Enkhtur Badamsaikhan helping out and he has some good technique.

Some others you might consider that are in the western part of the country would be the Wyoming asst coaches Ben Vombaur and Travis Shufelt, or Erkin T. from Utah Valley State.