Thread: Live Blog for MIZZOU vs Indiana/E. Mich

Default Live Blog for MIZZOU vs Indiana/E. Mich

For the second week in a row the Missouri SID will be doing a live blog for the matches this weekend. Link: http://www.mutigers.com/sports/m-wre...121610aab.html Action starts at 11:00 CST vs E. Mich and 1:00 for Indiana on Sunday, December 19. Not too often is this type of coverage is provided by a university staff member. I think it would be awesome to show him that there is a genuine interest for the sport of wrestling. Even if you're not too interested in the dual itself I think logging in to the blog to have some numbers watching (even if you aren't personally watching) would send a great message.

On a side note. Looks like Haynes will make his official season debut against Powless, which should be the premier matchup. Also, Gonsor has officially lost his starting spot as it will either be Nick Gregoris or Josh Cyr. I would imagine it would be Gregoris uless he doesn't make weight coming down from 165. For you Minnesota fans Cyr is from the same hs as Gordon Bierschenk who was 197 lber from a couple years ago who had several key dual meet victories in a down year for the Gophers.
    Last edited by NellieNell125; 12-17-2010 at 03:27 PM.

Default Re: Live Blog for MIZZOU vs Indiana/E. Mich

WTH happened to Gonsor ? He was on the verge of a break out year -or so I thought . Teched JBB last year and was rolling along nicely . NN, any thoughts or observations ??

Gonsor has only been good from the top position this year. He has been decent on his feet, but it seems like the majority of the time when he's in on his deepest shots they get stalemated. Most of his shots that I've seen this year have been low singles. When a decent rider gets on top he has struggled not only with getting out, but getting turned also. He doesn't seem to be able to come back from any sort of defecit either. If his opponent gets the first td the match seems to be over. I have to admit I've only paid attention to him starting this year, but I've seen 7 of his matches.

I have to feel sorry for IU's 141-Ahead in the EMU match with seconds to go and shoots? and gives up a 5 pointer to lose-then was tight with Schav from Mizzou and gives up a defensive fall- may be the best 10-10 141 in the country . This kid came out of nowhere -1 x state champion in Indiana . He sat out a year and then beat Niemann in wrestle offs and has lost several close matches -he might be one to keep an eye on .

Quote Originally Posted by NellieNell125 View Post
    Gonsor has only been good from the top position this year. He has been decent on his feet, but it seems like the majority of the time when he's in on his deepest shots they get stalemated. Most of his shots that I've seen this year have been low singles. When a decent rider gets on top he has struggled not only with getting out, but getting turned also. He doesn't seem to be able to come back from any sort of defecit either. If his opponent gets the first td the match seems to be over. I have to admit I've only paid attention to him starting this year, but I've seen 7 of his matches.
    This is spot on from what's I've seen -the matches with Dooley from IL are a perfect example. If Gonsor gets on top early it's a completely different match, once people adjust and start attacking early and avoid bottom when choosing he has big trouble.

This is off topic, but found it interesting. Brent Haynes was on the Big XII All-Acedemic 2nd team which you means he had minimum of 3.0 GPA last year. How do you become ineligible from that? He must have skipped every single one of his finals in May and then not went to summer school. That's weird.

Haynes /Powless should have gone either way -but how does Haynes lose to the EMU kid ?

I wasn't online yet so I don't know. Looks like the EMU kid got four td's with an escape based on the score though. Hopefully Haynes had the flu and we don't know about it. At least I don't have to wait long to see if it was a fluke with the Midlands coming up.

Kinda fresh on my mind since MIZZOU just wrestled both Purdue & Indiana. I know you're not too keen on IU, but how do you see Purdue after this year when they lose all their seniors. Do they have people ready to step in or are they gonna need a year or two?