Page 1 of 20 123411 ... LastLast
Discuss 2008 Las Vegas Invitational Predictions/Results/Discussion at the College Wrestling within the Wrestling Talk Forums; http://www.cklvwrestle.com/ List of teams is available here. I imagine we'll have to wait a little ...
    Blog Entries

Default 2008 Las Vegas Invitational Predictions/Results/Discussion

http://www.cklvwrestle.com/

List of teams is available here. I imagine we'll have to wait a little later in the week to see about specific wrestlers.

Always get some great matches out here.

AA
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Las Vegas Invitational Predictions/Results/Discussion

I can't wait...but the $64,000 question is, will they do skin-checks this year?

Blog Entries

One would certainly hope that they do...

Redshirt

125-Sanders-Minnesota
    133-Ness-Minnesota
    141-Jaggers-Ohio State
    149-Caldwell-NC State
    157-Leen-Cornell
    165-Brown-Old Dominion
    174-?
    184-Pucillo_Ohio State
    197-Gardner-Ohio State
    285-?
    Last edited by ProGolf33; 11-30-2008 at 11:28 PM.

AA
    Blog Entries

I can absolutely guarantee you, Mr. ProGolf33, that Raymond Jordan and Mark Ellis will not win the event.

Blog Entries

Comparing with ProGolf33's predictions:

Gotta go with Massey at 285, Luke at 174 and Lewnes at 165. Ohio State also has legitimate championship contenders at 125 and 149 in Triggas and Palmer. I would also say Humphrey (133) and Sponseller (165) could pull it off with big days.

I typically wouldn't say Humphrey has very good odds with Ness in the bracket, but after seeing how little trouble Kennedy had with him, it makes it a little interesting. I will still definitely pick Ness, but I'm a tOSU homer and I like to entertain the possibilities in my mind.

I'm excited to see if Sponseller's possible match with Lewnes will end up more like his match against Fay, or his match last year against Tannenbaum. I definitely think Spons can win, so I'm the outcome will be like either of those matches; what I'm trying to say is that against Fay, Sponseller was still able to work a lot of things and got some takedowns. Tannenbaum, on the other hand, stopped Colt's offense completely and controlled the whole match. In sum, I'm rooting for the upset, think it can happen, and I will never count anyone who wrestles as hard as Sponseller out of any match.

I will also be interested to see how well Corey Morrison fares against decent competition. He had a nice win over Dobies earlier, and I look forward to seeing how much progress he has made since 2 seasons ago.

If gardner beats tyrell todd I will paint "I love tOSU" on my forehead for nationals
    Gold is an idiot.

I was wondering if anyone else felt the same way -not just because Todd is on my fantasy team either -he is just an outstanding wrestler with the experience needed in big tournaments -at 174 I think Brennar from WVA might sneak in there -now that he is adjusting to the weight drop he is wrestling well. As for 125 I don't see Sanders beating Escobedo just yet .

I wonder if Goldman is going to wrestle Kinser since Coughlin lost 6-5 to Winston ? Coughlin beat Leen 2 years ago but he has had 2 years of IU coaching since then , so I don't give him much of a chance -but I never count Kinser out of anything .
    Last edited by r.payton@att.net; 12-01-2008 at 04:08 AM.

Sanders will probably get blanked against escobedo I am thinking 6-0 something like that. He's just not at that level yet. He will get taken down and likely ridden out unless esco cuts him, and there is no way he can hold angel down.

Word on the street is that kinser and coughlin will wrestle off for the tourney.
    Gold is an idiot.

Page 1 of 20 123411 ... LastLast

user tags

2008 las vegas invitational

2008 las vegs wrestling tournament