Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: 2008 Las Vegas Invitational Predictions/Results/Discussion

Default Re: Las Vegas Invitational Predictions/Results/Discussion

I saw that on your fantast forum -the word in Indiana is Goldman isnt letting Kinser wrestle 157 -i picked Kinser up as a 149 lber and have been flexing him every week not to take advantage of the back up rule -If Kurt doesn't make 149 I'm betting he doesn't wrestle -1/2 the IU team look like walking skeletons from cutting -I've known Nick Walpole for 10 years and didn't recognize him the other day -he was a knot of muscle in HS-now he looks like one of those kids you see on late night video mercials -emaciated is the word .
    Not to mention Angel wrestled 135 in HS-and he has been at 125 for 3 years now -he was never fat -I'd say his body fat is under 4%-if not less .

Quote Originally Posted by r.payton@att.net View Post
    I saw that on your fantast forum -the word in Indiana is Goldman isnt letting Kinser wrestle 157 -i picked Kinser up as a 149 lber and have been flexing him every week not to take advantage of the back up rule -If Kurt doesn't make 149 I'm betting he doesn't wrestle -1/2 the IU team look like walking skeletons from cutting -I've known Nick Walpole for 10 years and didn't recognize him the other day -he was a knot of muscle in HS-now he looks like one of those kids you see on late night video mercials -emaciated is the word .
    Not to mention Angel wrestled 135 in HS-and he has been at 125 for 3 years now -he was never fat -I'd say his body fat is under 4%-if not less .
    Angel seems to be doing alright so far hehe... I guess we'll see what happens this weekend but considering kinser has already beaten coughlin head to head and is undefeated on the year I have a really hard time imaging him not at the very LEAST getting to wrestle off for the spot this weekend
    Gold is an idiot.

I'm covered either way as I flex Kinser and wrestle coughlin -I just think it would be horribly unfair to Matt to let a questionable line TD off a front headlock determine whether he wrestles again this year -you won't find a bigger Kinser fan than me -just Goldman usually won't wrestle a kid once he has certified at a higher weight later in the year -and Kinser has certified at 149-look at last year -Hernandez missed weight once and actually lost to Scmaltz from Purdue when their previous closest match had been 13-4-Andre was scarey looking -the other reason I thought Goldman would wrestle Kinser at 149 is Walpole has been wearing a different singlet at tournaments -I thought he was going to redshirt Walpole but now he will have to wrestle Nick . Will he-goldman -then give Coughlin a shot at 165 where he went to the NCAA's last year or just park it on the bench for a year -IU's 165 ,Paul Young ,is 11-1-
    I truly am about to drop all my IU wrestlers or trade them for lesser kids just so I can say I am not an IU fan -but that would be a lie . Who knows ?

I'll be interested to see if Esco is still rocking the wetsuit lookalike that he wore last year for his shoulder in the semi's and finals last year.

Nickerson is wearing it this year, or at least he was against Penn State.

This may be Poeta and Pucillo's first competition of the year too so it'll be interesting to see how they look.

If coughlin gets bet out by Kinser Im pretty sure we will see him back up at 165 and not riding the pine
    Gold is an idiot.

I don't think Gardner will beat Todd...

Quote Originally Posted by LoSt View Post
    If coughlin gets bet out by Kinser Im pretty sure we will see him back up at 165 and not riding the pine
    The problem you face there is Paul Young is a Bloomington South grad and boy the Hoosiers love their local boys doing good -The In.wrestling board went nuts when I suggested Coughlin move up-IU only averages about 200 and that's stretching it , per meet -attendance wise . Take away the Bloomington people and you have about 50.
    Even with all the trouble the basketball team has faced that is all you hear around here -that's the way it has always been here in Basketball country . When I was first coaching JR high the school had a no-cut policy for the b-ball team -I'm fighting ,literally ,to field a team , and the b-ball coach has my 5'3''130 lb running back sitting on the bench-I finally talked his parents into wrestling him and he went like 20-4 as an 8th grader -the rest of my team were defensive/offensive lineman and kids I got out of study hall and detention . That team is stil the only Jr high team with a winning record .
    In the 8th grade I was the starting power forward at 5'7''-I just out rebounded everyone , by any means necessary-once I started wrestling to hell with b-ball-but most kids in In. don't even get the chance to begin wrestling til the 9th grade , if then .
    Anyway , I was hoping Kurt would make 149 to avoid all this -I hope Kurt wins because he is a point scorer but I doubt Matt gets a shot at 165 and I say BS because he has sacrificed more for that program than any kid should have to -I hope Matt doesn't pull a Max Dean and end up at Oklahoma .
    If Matt wins the wrestle -off bet that Kinser loses 8 pounds .

Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    I'll be interested to see if Esco is still rocking the wetsuit lookalike that he wore last year for his shoulder in the semi's and finals last year.

Nickerson is wearing it this year, or at least he was against Penn State.

This may be Poeta and Pucillo's first competition of the year too so it'll be interesting to see how they look.
    As an expert on shoulders -by now-He'll wear that thing every match-so many muscles in the shoulder get out of sync and that is what causes the re-injuries .
    I am pretty much pain free but I will never raise my arm over my head again because three rotator cuff muscles are in the garbage -literally . And the ROM from the new ball and socket joint isn't that great .

PS-I am hoping Umbrehauer can make some noise at 184 .

Since I'll probably be able to get it out quicker than we see seeds I'm going to generate a list of the possible ranked wrestlers who will be here when the new rankings come out tomorrow.