Thread: The most exciting wrestler in the country for 2007-2008

Default The most exciting wrestler in the country for 2007-2008

Argueably Ben Askren was the most exciting wrestler in the country last season. He has graduated so who takes his place this year? My opinion is Josh Glenn.

Josh Glenn is the kind of wrestler that can scare the cr*p out of a coach or a fan. He gets into some weird scrambles that sometimes make him vonerable to being pinned. He almost always comes out of them on top in scrambles, but like in his match against Backes in the finals last year and against the Cleveland State wrestler the year before, he does make your heart skip a beat. He will be the most exciting wrestler to watch this season. Frankly, I think he will either lead the country in pins and repeat as National Champion or lose a match at Nationals by forcing something and getting pinned himself. I hope it is the former. He is the kind of wrestler that wants to do something amazing (Pin EVERYONE he wrestles) or lose in the attempt. That is what makes him the most exciting wrestler (IMHO) in the country. Coach Cody reigned him in last year to set his goal on being National Champion not "wrestler with the most pins". But, in this his senior season, I expect him to want to make a statement so people remember the name, Josh Glenn.
    Last edited by ChetSmith; 09-12-2007 at 03:02 PM.

Default Re: The most exciting wrestler in the country for 2007-2008

I would have to agree....I'll throw Ness in the mix as well.

Ryan Lang, and Manny Rivera.

Lang's match with Caldwell last year in the Quarters was ridiculous, I think there were not one, but two scrambles that lasted at least fifteen seconds.

Rivera, during his 34-0 or so start last year, you didn't see him wrestle any boring matches, he wasn't necessarily doing flashy stuff, but he stayed on guys, broke them, then just kept putting points on them.

Ness's name came to mind for me here too, like Rivera, he's not necessarily flashy, but he's just brutal on guys with that high half.

I enjoy Watching Charles Griffen of Hofstra wrestle. The guy gets so riled up during his matches and once he starts scoring, you can't stop him.
    "Within all of us there burns a passion of fire. Forever feel the heat from the flames of your desire"