Thread: Wisconsin's Andrew Howe @ RevGold

Default Wisconsin's Andrew Howe @ RevGold

Here's Howe
    Andrew Howe earned three Indiana high school state titles, a 2008 Junior Nationals freestyle championship in Fargo, and the Dave Schultz 2008 High School Excellence Award for the state of Indiana. Now he's hoping to make his mark as a true freshman as the 165-pound starter for the University of Wisconsin. Recently Howe talked to RevWrestling.com's Mark Palmer about his accomplishments, experience at Overtime Wrestling, and what he hopes to do in the future for the Badgers … and beyond.

Last edited by Schlottke; 05-11-2010 at 06:11 PM.

Default Re: Wisconsin's Andrew Howe @ RevGold

As a freshman in high school he was undefeated until he met Reece Humphrey in the state finals. Junior year he tech'd all his adversaries at state, Senior year he tech'd everyone except the finals match where he won 22-8.

Impressive considering Indiana is classless. My bet is Howe is an AA his first two years and wins it his last two.

I wouldn't bet against that.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

Saw video of him working out with Pritzlaff (who is one of the hardest working wrestlers i have ever seen) and he definitely held his own, unreal. Looks like the potential of a 4 time all american if he stays healthy. Good stuff happening at Wisconsin.

I can't disagree with you there as far as good things happening at Wisconsin. I am ready however to see that translate in to some higher level success for the team though.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

Very true, these high recruiting classes and great facilities Davis has to transition this into vying for big 10 and ncaa championships

What is Davis waiting on -no way that 165 lber from Wisconsin beat Howe in a wrestleoff -no WAY. He redshirted Graff and I guess that's okay if you have a decent kid to replace him with but Howe is alot better than the kid their sticking out there .

Quote Originally Posted by r.payton@att.net View Post
    What is Davis waiting on -no way that 165 lber from Wisconsin beat Howe in a wrestleoff -no WAY. He redshirted Graff and I guess that's okay if you have a decent kid to replace him with but Howe is alot better than the kid their sticking out there .

According to the spokesperson at Wisconsin, Andrew Howe has a knee injury, and the program wants him to be 100% before sending him into competition. Hence, why Howe didn't compete at the ACC/Big Ten Clash.

Mark

Thanks for clearing that up-I have andrew on my fantasy team and was wondering what Davis was waiting on -Howe isn't going to surprise anyone because everyone is aware of his skill level.
    On the IU website I saw a picture of a kid I didn't recognize and it was Walpole -looks so emaciated compared to high school where he was a walking knot of muscle -scarey , IU has alot of guys cut too much but Damn-- Walpole was skinney .