Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Colin Palmer and Tony Jameson DONE for careers?

Default Re: Colin Palmer and Tony Jameson DONE for careers?

I think Ryan said so in an interview in December/early January, but either way it's sadly true.

This is literally one of the saddest things I can think of to happen to college wrestling, Collin gave David Taylor all he wanted when Taylor bumped up to dual him, Taylor won but Collin wrestled him probably tougher than anyone else in his high school career. Now Taylor is undefeated at 157, just imagine what Collin could've been at 149 or even 157. Such a shame, but even more to me is Tony. This guy was one of the most electrifying wrestlers I've ever seen. If you haven't ever seen the guy wrestle, go to flowrestling.com and type his name in the search bar and find any match. He's slick, quick, technical as can be and just pure fun to watch. He hits moves and hits them with such speed and grace it's what the sport is all about. I am literally heart broken that these two are done.

Real shame. These two were some of my favorite wrestlers in highschool that I looked up to. Both would have been definite AA's. Maybe even potential champs

I have to agree, Jameson was a blast to watch and the Palmer v. Taylor match was great.

What a blow to OSU's program. After being top echelon the past few years they've taken a big hit this year and losing 3 top level recruits in one year (2 for good) is a huge loss! Though I'm not an OSU fan, my sympathy to those who are (like Gold)--that's a tough break (and most of all for the wrestlers themselves!).

Gold likes the big dog in Ohio that's why he roots for Kent State.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

It obviously sucks to lose someone you've invested so much time in, but I guess the silver lining is that it frees up more scholarship room for them. I don't know exactly how much, but you've got to imagine those two got some nice chunks.

Quote Originally Posted by Gold View Post
    It obviously sucks to lose someone you've invested so much time in, but I guess the silver lining is that it frees up more scholarship room for them. I don't know exactly how much, but you've got to imagine those two got some nice chunks.
    Yeah - you've got to guess it opens up 1.5 or so at least.