Thread: RU wrestling looking to make big gains under Goodale

Default RU wrestling looking to make big gains under Goodale

RU wrestling looking to make big gains under Goodale
    BY DOUG McKENZIE Correspondent
    <!-- Page Number: 18-->After coming on strong late last season (winning seven of its last nine matches to finish 7-5 on the year), the Rutgers University wrestling team is ready to take its success to the next level.
    Now in their second year under head coach Scott Goodale, the Scarlet Knights have entered the season amid some lofty expectations. And for good reason too.
    First off, Goodale's track record indicates an ability to consistently get the most out of his wrestlers. During his years as the head coach at Jackson Memorial High School, Goodale helped mold the Jaguars into the most successful program in the state, earning national acclaim. Jackson's emergence as a national team helped draw eyes to the Shore Conference wrestling scene, which is now recognized as a hotbed for high school wrestling by coaches from many of the top collegiate programs in the nation.
    Simply put, Goodale's success at the high school level led most people to believe that he was destined for bigger things; and if given the chance, could help cultivate similar success at the collegiate level. Now that he is at Rutgers, all signs point to his program emerging as a national power.
    http://bulletin.gmnews.com/news/2008...ports/047.html
    Last edited by Schlottke; 11-22-2008 at 08:18 AM.

Default Re: RU wrestling looking to make big gains under Goodale

Guys seems like the perfect hire for Rutgers, how many of their top recruits are redshirting? From what I read earlier, Winston isn't right?

Very excited for Rutgers! That is the college I am looking forward to wrestle for. It is only 40 minutes away from me.
    "Every artist was first an amateur."
    "You miss 100% of shots you don't take."

#1 team in the making! Check back in 3 years.

What happened to Nick Menditto? He had originally signed with Rutgers but I do not see him on the roster and he is not listed in the article.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet~Knight View Post
    #1 team in the making! Check back in 3 years.
    You should change your Buzzed mood to F#@$%ng wasted! Unless your talking about #1 team in New Jersey only

I think D.Cocozzo from Edinboro is transferring in to rutgers .

As of 11/11 Intermat has him transferring to Rutgers .