View Poll Results: What would be the easiest weight to AA in this year?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

1 4.55%

1 4.55%

3 13.64%

6 27.27%

1 4.55%

1 4.55%
  • HWT

9 40.91%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Weakest weight this year

Resident Geneyus
    Intersection of Headlock and Lateral Drop

Default Weakest weight this year

Although they are all tough and I don't want to take anything away from these athletes - what weight class would you want to be wrestling if your life depended on your ability to make AA?
    Those of you who think you know it all really annoy those of us who actually do ;)

Default Re: Weakest weight this year

I went 74, pretty wide open in my opinion.

Went with 285, that weight is going to be brutal.

chose 174, even though i think it really is a toss up between that and 285

I really don't see why 174 is getting such a bad wrap. Is it mainly because you feel that Keith Gavin won't be challenged for the Title? In my opinion, Heavyweight, is weakest weight, with 165 next. 174 may or may not have anyone fighting Gavin for the title, but it has it's fair share of guys that will be fighting for All American Status. You have returning All Americans, Gavin, Stolpinski, Mason, Luke and Sinnott. Then on top of that, you have Hayes, Dretsch, Borshell/Kerr, Rueda, Weitzel, and someone I know I'm missing if not more. 165, looking at it All Americanly, seems a lot weaker to me. You have, Perry, Tannenbaum, and surprise All American Miller returning. Tannenbaum and Miller, mark my word will be the only one's giving Perry a match, if anyone gives him a match this upcoming season. No one else at 165 will. At 174 on the other hand, I can honestly see Gavin having trouble with Stolpinski, Mason, Luke, Sinnott or Dretsch. 174 may have a surprise All American, but I see 165 making room for more of them come March. A nobody, from nowhere becoming a somebody over a period of wrestling at his top level in two days. Tyler Safratowich on paper doesn't really seem AA status quite yet nor does Jake Donar, and perhaps Max Dean, but with the graduation of the top 165's, as well as the weakness of the weight, I can see them on the AA stand. AA stand for David Bertolino, a 174 pounder, who's in the same boat of probability based on last years stats vs top guys @ weight, seems a little harder to reach.

As far as Heavyweight goes, Fox in my opinion should walk away easily with the Title. 2nd-8th will be a battle of who's hot and who's not. Bubba Gritter ought to be the one in the opposite corner come finals, but it could be Mat Koz or Zabriskie(which neither made All American last year) too.
    "Within all of us there burns a passion of fire. Forever feel the heat from the flames of your desire"

Mayor of Bringsburg homerdindon's Avatar

Heavyweight, like usual.

Quote Originally Posted by homerdindon View Post
    Heavyweight, like usual.
    I was basing my vote on "vs. previous years at the same weight"...

06 Heavy was pretty solid- King, Mocco, Cain, and Wagner.

Mayor of Bringsburg homerdindon's Avatar

I agree with that Trusty for sure. Just goes back to the "Does weakest mean easiest to AA, easiest to be NCAA Champ, etc etc". When I think "weakest", I think of easiest to AA and least depth about 16 deep, in which case HWT pretty much always takes the cake.