View Poll Results: What would be the easiest weight to AA in this year?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

1 4.55%

1 4.55%

3 13.64%

6 27.27%

1 4.55%

1 4.55%
  • HWT

9 40.91%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Weakest weight this year

Default Re: Weakest weight this year

Quote Originally Posted by Trusty View Post
    06 Heavy was pretty solid- King, Mocco, Cain, and Wagner.
    Big ass drop off after that though.

i am going with heavyweight as i think 5-20 are basically any man's game...
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

If rumours are true that Davis and Bergman are moving up to Heavy it is no longer a weak weight class.

I think 174 gets no respect because a lot of the top guys (Gavin, Stolpinski, Sinnott) did not have a name coming out of HS and are not wreslting for a big time wrestling school. Plus, Askren made everyone look bad last year.

I agree, I've read that Bergman is almost a slam dunk to be there, that he's weighing around 230 right now. Davis has always been a big 197, you need no evidence to see that other than to look at him, or to know that he missed weight at the All Star match last year.

It would be pretty cool to see these two move up a weight, and continue what has been a pretty exciting rivalry for one more year.

Why the f was this in the feed?
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    Why the f was this in the feed?
    Weird.....but this year 165 is the weakest. I'd guess there are 3 or 4 157lbers that could bump up and place better at 165 then they would at 157.

Quote Originally Posted by buckvader View Post
    Weird.....but this year 165 is the weakest. I'd guess there are 3 or 4 157lbers that could bump up and place better at 165 then they would at 157.
    I think that's an exaggeration. There is obviously a huge drop off at 165 after Burroughs and Howe, but it's still not a particularly easy weight to AA at. Toal, Yohn, Bailey, Yates and Mike Miller are all quite good considering they're outside the top 10.

197 is this year's weakest weight, and I don't even think it's really close.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

This has been beat to death, so I wont elaborate much, but I think it is 197 this year as well. Typically an "upper weight" it always going to be less competitive than say 125 -wherever because you just have more athletes in the lighter weights.

Of course, this is just my opinion, but there are a lot of other people that think the same way. Personally, I dont believe that you will ever see anybody lighter than 149 EVER pull a Bael and go undefeated because of that very reason. Its possible for a higher weight to do it when some of the prime atheletes dont wrestle and go play football in college.