Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ohio College Wrestling Reports: Updated 2/18

Default Re: Ohio College Wrestling Reports: Updated 1/27

Week 14:
    I'm naturally a fast eater. I live five minutes from work, so I come home for lunch every day. I leave at 12:00, drive the five minutes home, prepare my lunch (whether that be making a sandwich or warming up some leftovers), dine, and am invariably finished eating by 12:15. I'm almost always the first one finished when I eat with others, and I terminated the Thurmanator in under ten minutes. I usually don't devour food merely for the sake of recording a good time, but it ends up that way. I have nothing to distract my mouth, so it consumes. I draw many a comment and take a bit of pride in this skill, but the truth is that I miss something by it. I often find myself shoveling some delicious treat, and then I stop and tell myself, "You should slow down and savor this a little more." There are intricacies of good chocolate that can't be appreciated in fast-forward.

As I caught myself doing this earlier today, I began to wonder if David Taylor suffers from a similar problem.

More...

Default Re: Ohio College Wrestling Reports: Updated 2/4

Week 14:
    http://www.buckeyewrestling.com/?q=node/39441

A late start and a ticking clock means no recap this week. Sorry.

Default Re: Ohio College Wrestling Reports: Updated 2/11

Week 16:

The team of the week in the state of Ohio has to be Kent State after they won 17 out of 20 matches to shut down Ohio University 30-6 on Friday night and Eastern Michigan 30-3 on Sunday afternoon. The Golden Flashes are 14-5 overall, 4-0 in the MAC, and have a guaranteed share of the MAC regular season title. This weekend they get a chance to win their second regular season championship in three years with a victory at Central Michigan.

Beyond Kent, no other Division I Ohio team had a win as Ohio State lost at Wisconsin 23-18, Ohio lost at Kent and 23-14 at West Virginia, and Cleveland State lost 41-3 at Pitt and 30-10 against Clarion. Given the way the season has gone for the Buckeyes and Vikings and their dominant win against Ohio, it isn’t a stretch to say that Kent State is the best team this year. In making such a claim about the Golden Flashes, you also have to ask what would happen if they wrestled Notre Dame College.

More...