Thread: Scotty Bacon of Republic HS, Republic WA to sign with Boise State

Default Scotty Bacon of Republic HS, Republic WA to sign with Boise State

Word is that one of Washington's top recruits has verbally committed to Boise State. He is a 3 time state finalist and a 2 time champ (losing in 2009 to Ty Knebel of Pomeroy but he bumped up 3 weight classes to match up against Ty in an attempt to keep the team title in Republic and not Pomeroy). This year he'll either be at 152 or possibly 160 and I would guess he'll wrestle 149 in college, possibly 157 if he has a growth spurt or hits the weights.

Bacon is from a small school so it will be interesting to see how he transitions to wrestling in college.

More info on Scotty Bacon (link) scroll down the number 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    [D]on't let lack of knowledge impact your ability to post as if you are knowledgeable.

Default Re: Scotty Bacon of Republic HS, Republic WA to sign with Boise State

I may be wrong about his weight, I see that he wrestled in the Super 32 at 171 and placed third. He has also moved to California for his senior year.
    [D]on't let lack of knowledge impact your ability to post as if you are knowledgeable.

Default Re: Scotty Bacon of Republic HS, Republic WA to sign with Boise State

Bacon's Overtime Loss in the Semis of the Super32 (link)

Video of Bacon winning Tri-State over Eric Frisbey (Link)

Super32 Quarterfinal win (link)