Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: # of matches to qualify

Default Re: # of matches to qualify

Call me crazy, but I'm thinking Smith qualifies for NCAA's this year.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

That's no longer true. When Reno has been during a weekday, conflicting with final exams, Boise has only sent part of their team, those that are finished with exams. Obviously, with Reno being on a Sunday this year, there is no exam issue.

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    Call me crazy, but I'm thinking Smith qualifies for NCAA's this year.
    Like I said...

Quote Originally Posted by Gold View Post
    Anyway, the other PAC 10 wrestlers at 184 are the ones who stand to suffer in my mind, not Smith.

I hope Smith is fine and wins everything -but with Boise's schedule ,if he misses this week and Reno he won't get 13 Div 1 matches so IMO, it might be better for him to try for a med red .
    I truly hope this all pointless ....I just could NOT find a definitive answer in the rule book so I wrote to a coach on the rules committee and this was his reply .
    As I said -I hope Smith is fine and this is all pointless -I was just curious to a question and had received numerous replies -none of which matched the other .

Default Andrew Long to PSU

I saw on some of the hawekeye forums that Andrew Long is reportedly transferring to PSU to wrestle 133?? I can't believe this, if that is true it basically gives them an NCAA title, Cael is doing an unbelievable job at PSU, this is probably the end of our (iowas) dominance. The ship is sinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Gold View Post
    Check out page 7. We aren't talking about qualifying a spot for your conference, we are talking about qualifying for Kirk Smith to wrestle at NCAAs.

"The champion in each of the 10 weight classes at each qualifying tournament shall automatically qualify for the national championships."

EDIT: Now, Garland might have been confused about the # of matches, but he's right that as long as Smith wins his conference he's fine.
    I'm not contesting the fact that he'll be fine if he wins the Pac-10. What I'm contesting is that him not wrestling 13 matches would have anything to do with whether or not he makes it to NCAA's.

No, I'm NOT trading Kirk Smith....
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

I have found the committee to actually be pretty fair in these circumstances.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

Quote Originally Posted by r.payton@att.net View Post
    I hope Smith is fine and wins everything -but with Boise's schedule ,if he misses this week and Reno he won't get 13 Div 1 matches so IMO, it might be better for him to try for a med red .
    I truly hope this all pointless ....I just could NOT find a definitive answer in the rule book so I wrote to a coach on the rules committee and this was his reply .
    As I said -I hope Smith is fine and this is all pointless -I was just curious to a question and had received numerous replies -none of which matched the other .
    I think that's a great idea, then the Beavers would repeat as conference champs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    [D]on't let lack of knowledge impact your ability to post as if you are knowledgeable.