Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Biggest story so far?

Default Re: Biggest story so far?

Quote Originally Posted by Snackem View Post
    the freshmen class.
    I agree with this here, and this ties in well with the Penn State situation (although I didn't think it was that unexpected that they were going to be good) since arguably their two most impressive wrestlers thus far have both been freshmen in Andrew Alton and David Taylor.

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    What's the big story for you?
    You picking PSU as your big story...

Biggest story and surprise both is Iowa turning chicken and running away from a tournament appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by zzyzx View Post
    Biggest story and surprise both is Iowa turning chicken and running away from a tournament appearance.
    That's been mentioned already. Not really in line w/ the topic since we've known that since summer. If only I had said that before I could have saved you some time.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

I just found out last week about Iowa's gaffe and it's #1 on my list... so - hmmmm.... I'm the 3rd person who thinks Iowa "turning chicken" "a mere 90 miles away" for the duals qualifies, at least among the posters thus far. That's almost 30% of responding posters - which technically kind of makes our perspective legitimate. I think it'd be difficult for you to argue that "we've known that since summer" - unless you are defining 'we' as roughly 70% of us... or maybe mostly you... which, of course, then it'd make complete sense.

I'm just saying...
    Last edited by rstrong; 11-24-2010 at 10:37 PM.

Iowa's schedule was released months ago. The topic has been discussed more than once. Just because you're late to the news doesn't make it suddenly newsworthy again.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

I gotta go with Iowa running away from national duals
    Gold is an idiot.

Then I'm going to go with Andrew Long an Montell Marion being kicked off their respective teams.. Or maybe Jayson Ness winning the Hodge, come to think of it, let's go with Cael going 159-0. Owings beat Gable?!
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

The biggest story of the year is definitely Brands getting cold feet and ducking competition. All his 3-peat bravado is revealed as hypocrisy with this cowardice.