Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ban Basketball UNI Intrasquad Wrestling Meet

Default Ban Basketball UNI Intrasquad Wrestling Meet

Hey Ban, I don't see you over on themat.com forums any more but I have seen you here once in a while. As a UNI/alumni I think, and wrestling fan I know, will you be attending the Intrasquad meet on Saturday. Did you know my youngest is now on the team. My wife and I will be there, come say hi.

Default Re: Ban Basketball UNI Intrasquad Wrestling Meet

What kind of match ups might we see at tomorrows UNI intrasquad meet. If everyone were healthy, I am listing some matchups that might be possible.

Sutter, Grant vs. Fitzgerald, Steven
    Aarhus, Cruse vs. Hight, Adam
    Flores, Caleb vs. Young, Terrance

Baldridge, Josh vs. Delagardelle, Cody
    Jauch, Ryan vs. Burke, Tannor

Zempel, Cole vs. Johnson, Mitchell
    Washington, Trent vs. Hoffman, Alec

Ettelson, Charlie vs. Kittleson, Trevor
    Lawrence, Jamal vs. Robbins, Brett

Pickerell, Nick vs. Meza, Anthony
    Reiner, Tyson

Bonin, David vs. Pugh, Seth
    Fay, Moza vs. Simon, John

Beets, Jarion vs. Dolly, Alex

184/197
    Anderson, Andrew vs. Hazen, Scott

Beale, Blayne vs. Brantley, Christian
    Bauman, Dustin vs. winner of Beale, Blayne vs. Brantley, Christian

However, there are some people injured and maybe not available to wrestling tomorrow. I heard Tanner Burke hurt his elbow or wrist and may need surgery. Mitch Johnson is also injured. At the open practice two weeks ago Nick Pickerell was sitting out and is probably not back. Anthony Meza is in fall baseball so he may not be wrestling. Seth Pugh had a cast on at the open practice so I am pretty sure he will not be wrestling. I don't think I have seen Dustin Bauman this going at practice yet this years so I think he has an injury as well. Anyway, I am anxious to see what the actual matchups will be. Hopefully a lot of folks show up for the meet.
    <!-- / message -->

coach - I ain't ban (of course). Where do you think Alec will eventually end up - weight wise? I've only seen him wrestle 4 or 5 times, but he seems to take excellent advantage of his height. Do you think he'll bulk up for a higher weight or stay at a weight more suitable to the way he wrestles?

I'm really looking rorward to watching his college career. Personally, I think he was THE "sleeper"(?) in this year's Iowa HS graduating class.

gg, I would project him ending up at 149. Might be next year, might be two years down the road, but I cannot see him ever being bigger than that.

Is anyone else surprised to see Washington lose to a freshman in the wrestleoffs? He started the season with a bang last year before getting hurt, I was expecting him to make some waves this year.
    Gold is an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by LoSt View Post
    Is anyone else surprised to see Washington lose to a freshman in the wrestleoffs? He started the season with a bang last year before getting hurt, I was expecting him to make some waves this year.
    LoSt, I was a little surprised to see Alec beat him out of the shute, but he is not your average college freshman, he is very good.

Quote Originally Posted by coachsparky View Post
    LoSt, I was a little surprised to see Alec beat him out of the shute, but he is not your average college freshman, he is very good.
    A totally unbiased opinion, I'm sure.

But, I think coach is right - Alec is going to turn some heads before he's done.

Sparky do you know when the final determinations are made for UNIs lineup? Is hoffman projected to start now or will he be redshirted? Also Trent started as a true frosh last year and is now listed as a RS freshman on the roster did I miss something?
    Gold is an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by LoSt View Post
    Sparky do you know when the final determinations are made for UNIs lineup? Is hoffman projected to start now or will he be redshirted? Also Trent started as a true frosh last year and is now listed as a RS freshman on the roster did I miss something?
    No, I believe Alec will redshirt and Trent will start. Trent was injured before he participated in 20 percent of his matches and was able to use a medical redshirt. At least that is what someone else stated and I have to believe it. I am still condfident Trenton will have a good year.