Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I really enjoyed the Zach Sanders era...

Default I really enjoyed the Zach Sanders era...

boy was that a stomping! I guess Robles got him back for stomping on him at the 2009 NCAAs.
    I will smash your face into a car windshield and then take your mother, Dorothy Mantooth, out to a nice seafood dinner and never call her again!

Tell me about it, this morning, I woke up and I shit a squirrel, but what I can't get is the damn thing is still alive. So now, I've got a shit covered squirrel running around my office and I don't know what to name it.

Default Re: I really enjoyed the Zach Sanders era...

Not sure what you mean by the Zach Sanders Era? He obviously does not match up well with Robles, Mcd, or any other big 125er, but the kid has been an AA every year he has wrestled and there is no reason to believe he wont this year. I'm not holding out any hope that he will be a national champ, but I think almost every D1 program would love to have him in their starting lineup.

Thanks for taking every opportunity to make yourself look dumb, Champ.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

I'm just glad that Champ was able to write out an entire post without deciding to quit in the middle of it because he didn't like the font or something.
    Last edited by JensenS; 11-23-2010 at 06:33 AM.

I'm surprised his tears didn't short his keyboard as well.

Not much love for a future 4x AA.

The world LOVES a cynic. Have McDonough and Robles squared off? I agree Sanders knocking off Robles and McDonough appears unlikely but other than that Sanders has been extremely consistent. Since the "stomp" episode I have also seen him as pretty humble and contrite. Champ Kind on the other hand....
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

Speaking of Robles, anyone else think the rules should be changed so that a wrestler has to completely let go of the arm/wrist before he can get more than 3 back points. I didn't see the all-star match so I can't comment on how he teched Sanders. But in other matches I've seen Robles essentially get 6/9/12 points without ever letting go. If he gets the wrist three separate times that's one thing, but he's basically getting tech falls with only locking up one pinning combination.

Anyone know what the rule actually states? Or why officials don't make him let the down wrestler clear his wrist before he is allowed to lock up another tilt? I'm probably showing my ignorance, but I don't understand why what he does is legal?

He keeps the wrist, but with only one hand, he lets the guy roll over shows the ref his free hand, then goes again. He gives the guy a chance to get out of the predicament, and he uses a "new hold."