Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I really enjoyed the Zach Sanders era...

Default Re: I really enjoyed the Zach Sanders era...

It makes me wonder if Ashmore would not have been better for ASU at 125 considering how he does against Robles and I am sure Robles would be fairly dominate at 133.

As for the scoring question. You only have to release the hold. So if you had a wing and a wrist you would have to release the wing not the wrist, that is simply hand control.

I found this on a different forum:

Here's the rule:2.9.3 Counting the Near Fall. A verbal count and, whenever possible, a visual handcount shall be used in determining a near fall. (See Rule 7.4.5.) A near fall is ended when the defensive wrestler gets out of a pinning situation. The referee must not signal the score for a near fall until the situation is ended. Only one near fall shall be scored when using the same pinning combination, regardless of the number of times the offensive wrestler places the defensive wrestler in a near-fall position during the pinning situation.

The part of the rule that I'm looking at is whether the "situation is ended". Seems to me Robles is awarded multiple near fall points with no end to the pinning situation. He just reconfigures his hold, if that, and boom, he's getting another near fall.

I just watched the Robles Sanders match and I did not see on time where Robles turned Sanders twice with the same move without first releasing it. The ref did a good job of making sure Robles released the hold before awarding the points.

On the first turn with the wing and wrist Robles did not get the full five count so turned him again without releasing the hold to get the five count. After the that he clearly releases and re applies the pinning combination.