Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I really enjoyed the Zach Sanders era...

Default Re: I really enjoyed the Zach Sanders era...

Actually NellieNell, I thought the ref did a good job of making Robles release the hold before he let Robles tilt him again during the All Star match. A couple of times Robles titled Sanders and then rolled him back showed the ref one hand... and the ref still held the nearfall points (didn't reward him yet). I liked how that ref did it. Remember, just because you release one hand, doesn't mean that you've released the hold. Holds can be done with arms, legs, body, etc. Robles uses his (and his opponents) body weight to hold the arm in addition to his one hand when he shows the ref the other hand - I believe that he is not releasing the hold.

But like NellieNell says, let's find someone that can look up the actual rule....what I stated above is my more than biased feeling as a Zach Sanders fan.

I could be dead wrong, but I'll put my two cents' worth in to say that I don't think that you have to release your hold at all.

I could think of 9,041 different examples, but I think of a guy who has a chicken wing in that he uses to turn his opponent with. He doesn't release that chicken wing each time. He simply allows the guy to back to neutral, and turns him again, over and over.

If there is a rule that says that you have to release the hold, then this is a circumstance that is not enforced.
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

Jake Patacsil, or as the hip insiders called him (Wow, I miss having fun with that!), "Ptax," never released his hold when he would turn people into oblivion.
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

Quote Originally Posted by yoces51 View Post
    Not sure what you mean by the Zach Sanders Era? He obviously does not match up well with Robles, Mcd, or any other big 125er, but the kid has been an AA every year he has wrestled and there is no reason to believe he wont this year. I'm not holding out any hope that he will be a national champ, but I think almost every D1 program would love to have him in their starting lineup.
    I would love to have him in the Iowa program so he could push McDonough and Tony Ramos throughout the year. For no other reason than that though.

All kidding aside, he will more than likely be a 4 X AA. I just dont think that he will ever win it with his size and the fact he doesnt match well with Physical guys like McDonough, Robles, and like Garnett first round of NCAAs last year.

Wrong forum Champ. Take this bullshit thread over there and see how long you last.

Sanders is a great wrestler that is just a little too little. He wouldve fit right in at 118 a few years ago. Nothing but love for him even though he got a little cocky at Carver as freshman.
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

What exactly did Sanders do his freshman year at Carver? Was it similar to Z's gesture last year?
    Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    [D]on't let lack of knowledge impact your ability to post as if you are knowledgeable.

Just flexed at the crowd and gave the dual finger point to the Iowa fans. Nothing like what Gelogaev did. Sanders was in the moment and very jacked up after beating Falck.
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

I agree with you Herk....the vast majority of the folks are here great....I prefer Big to this guy....absolutely nothing relavent or intelligent to say...........I guess he is our resident troll. BTW, although I obviously am not a squawkeye fan, I think that Brands is a major benefit to the college wrestling scene.....I glad he's coaching.
    The Art of living is more like wrestling than dancing.