Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Minnesota Verbals (Siblings)

Default Minnesota Verbals (Siblings)

Looks like little Thorn (David), little Ness (Dylan) and possibly little Reiter are on Minnesota's radar and vice versa. I am not sure that any of the three will be at the same level as their siblings but I like that they want to come to the U after the experience their brothers have had. Who knows. I also believe David Zilverbergs little brother spoke about attending the U as well.

Can anyone else name siblings that have gone to the University of Minnesota?

There were two Morgans, a couple of Yohns, the Mellmers, and Tyler and Mitch Marr. Any others?
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

Default Re: Minnesota Verbals (Siblings)

I believe Dustin and CP Schlatter went there.

Dylan Ness doubled at Cadet 130 out at Fargo this summer. He won his Greco final 6-0/6-0 then pinned his opponent in freestyle in 1:14. He's tough.

David Thorn if I remember correctly had a nice spring and summer too.

Who are these Schlatter's of which you speak? LOL. Wow.

I know little Ness is getting alot more credibility with his Greco and freestyle. Its his folkstyle I guess that I was getting at. That being said, when you have Destin McCauley in your weight class, its tough to get over the "hump" and win a title.

I was only comparing the success their siblings had had at the same ages. They all have time to hone their skills. That being said, they don't all have to wrestle at the levels of their siblings to be successful. Its wishful thinking to think that little Ness and little Reiter can duplicate their older brothers success but even coming close is enough to keep me excited about their futures.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

Lots of Iowa fans are hoping McCauley "comes home" and ends up a Hawkeye. That would set up another good rivalry - wouldn't it?

little ness would be a great pickup, but Im really hoping that we get destin and I REALLY hope we dont get him to iowa. That kid is going to be a college great Ill bet my house
    Gold is an idiot.

If McCauley goes to Iowa after that outstanding Minnesota coaching he is "dead to me" as the Italians say.

Just kidding, wherever he ends up I am sure he will be outstanding.

Oh - and let's not forget Devos - now wrestling at Waverly-Shell Rock.

Quote Originally Posted by goferphan View Post

I know little Ness is getting alot more credibility with his Greco and freestyle. Its his folkstyle I guess that I was getting at. That being said, when you have Destin McCauley in your weight class, its tough to get over the "hump" and win a title.
    The only matches that Ness lost in folk last year were to McCauley, albeit the one result of their matches that I could find was a beating that he took in the state semi's. He is only a junior this year as well.

As it sits right now I can't fathom a situation where Ness doesn't follow his brother to Minnesota. If they get McCauley awesome, if not the world will stay on its axis I imagine.

I still know little to nothing about the Gopher's #1 recruit this year Alec Ortiz other than given that he's ranked #4 in Intermat's Top 100 he must be really really good.