Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 157lbs

Default Re: 157lbs

Jensens still believes that DS would have made 149 no problem this year and doesn't look that big. I tend to disagree with him on this but thats about all I disagree with Jensens on.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

I don't think that a wrestler of his caliber will move a weight to duck anyone, but I like to think that is what he is doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Herkey#1 View Post
    I don't think that a wrestler of his caliber will move a weight to duck anyone, but I like to think that is what he is doing.
    This really opens the door for so many arguments. There is more than one reason to move up a weight class other than to duck someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Herkey#1 View Post
    I don't think Dustin is the type to duck. But the thought has crossed my mind. I remember that when he was in high school he bumped up from 145 to 160 to wrestle Mike Miller (who was an f-ing animal in HS). He did it both his junior and senior years. He won his junior but lost his senior year. Doesn't seem like the kind of guy who would duck.

Also, even if he is leaving 149 where Metcalf is, he is going up to face another guy that beat him in Gillespie... And I don't know that 149 is any tougher than 157, anyway.

It's kind of a shame though, because I would have loved to see him beat Metcalf this year, and I know that, if Dustin still cares about wrestling, he's totally capable of doing so.

On that note, I wonder what Dustin will do after college. There aren't too many (I can think of maybe 1, but I'm not really that qualified to say) high schoolers as good at freestyle as Dustin was, but now he seems to have dropped freestyle. Will he continue wrestling after this year?
    Last edited by Gold; 10-24-2008 at 02:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gold View Post
    I don't think Dustin is the type to duck. But the thought has crossed my mind. I remember that when he was in high school he bumped up from 145 to 160 to wrestle Mike Miller (who was an f-ing animal in HS). He did it both his junior and senior years. He won his junior but lost his senior year. Doesn't seem like the kind of guy who would duck.

Also, even if he is leaving 149 where Metcalf is, he is going up to face another guy that beat him in Gillespie... And I don't know that 149 is any tougher than 157, anyway.

It's kind of a shame though, because I would have loved to see him beat Metcalf this year, and I know that, if Dustin still cares about wrestling, he's totally capable of doing so.

On that note, I wonder what Dustin will do after college. There aren't too many high schoolers as good at freestyle as Dustin was, but now he seems to have dropped freestyle. Will he continue wrestling after this year?
    I read somewhere a while back that one of the reasons why Mason went to Minnesota was to train with Schlatter as he stayed at Minnesota to train for the 2012 Olympics. I am wondering now too though, can't really tell if there's still a fire or not.

If Metcalf wants to wrestle Schlatter he knows where to find him, @ 157.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

The thing is Metcalf has the last word right now, so the ball is kind of in Dustin's court...

I am pretty sure that we will never see Schlatter at 149 again. He was a huge 149 lber last year and I think the injuries and weight cutting took it out of him at nationals. The big question is will he redshirt or wrestle this year?

I think he's going to wrestle this year. Otherwise, why even certify at 157 or any other weight for that matter. I am not sure a year off helps him really. I like the move to 157.

Like I said, if Metcalf wants to find him, he knows where he will be at. Metcalf got DS when they wrestled last year on one knee. If he wants that hollow victory, he can have it. Its not like many others didn't beat DS on that knee either.