Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: 2008 NWCA All Star Classic Predictions/Discussion (Full Line Ups Posted)

Default Re: 2008 NWCA All Star Classic Predictions/Discussion (Full Line Ups Posted)

125: #2 Troy Nickerson v. #3 Charlie Falck
    133: #1 Joey Slaton v. #2 Jayson Ness
    141:#1 J. Jaggers v. #2 Nick Gallick
    149: #1 Brent Metcalf v. #2 Bubba Jenkins
    157: #1 Jordan Leen v. #2 Mike Poeta
    165: #1 Nick Marable v. #2 Mack Lewnes
    174: #1 Steve Luke v. #2 Jay Borschel
    184: #1 Mike Pucillo v. #3 Phil Keddy
    197: #1 Jake Varner v. #2 Hudson Taylor
    285: #1 Jared Rosholt v. #3 Kyle Massey

Default Re: 2008 NWCA All Star Classic Predictions/Discussion (Full Line Ups Posted)

Nickerson, Slaton, Metcalf, Borschel, Keddy

I think Nickerson beats Falck giving Falck the fuel to win a NC. Slaton will be too physical for Ness. No way Ness works the half on him. Metcalf will make Jenkins look foolish...again. Borschel won't lose a match all year. If Keddy has improved a fraction of a percent of what he improved last year he will beat Pucillo. He was seven seconds from beating him in the semi's last year. I see big things for him this year. I think the Hawks might have five NC's this year...at least.

The undercard will go as follows.

Gallick, Leen, Lewnes, Varner, Rosholt.

Gallick turns it up a notch this year and shows why he is ranked #2. He's a slippery little devil and can take Jaggers. Leen wins because I have him on my fantasy team. Lewnes is a tough SOB and will get an early upset. Varner unenthusiastically stalls his way to a boring 2-1 OT win putting everybody in the venue to sleep. Rosholt will win which pains me to say more than anyone knows. I wish it were Steele wrestling him. I think he has a better shot at beating Jared than Massey.

Quote Originally Posted by Herkey#1 View Post
    No way Ness works the half on him.
    Ness won't need to. Last year he proved himself very adept at the low leg shots that Slaton proved to be susceptible to against Gomez the first time, Grey, Scott the first time, and Kennedy the second time.

Unlike Gomez and Scott the first time Ness won't gas either.

Nickerson, Ness, Jaggers, Metcalf, Poeta, Marable, Luke, Pucillo, Varner, Massey
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

Quote Originally Posted by Herkey#1 View Post
    Nickerson, Slaton, Metcalf, Borschel, Keddy

I think Nickerson beats Falck giving Falck the fuel to win a NC. Slaton will be too physical for Ness. No way Ness works the half on him. Metcalf will make Jenkins look foolish...again. Borschel won't lose a match all year. If Keddy has improved a fraction of a percent of what he improved last year he will beat Pucillo. He was seven seconds from beating him in the semi's last year. I see big things for him this year. I think the Hawks might have five NC's this year...at least.

The undercard will go as follows.

Gallick, Leen, Lewnes, Varner, Rosholt.

Gallick turns it up a notch this year and shows why he is ranked #2. He's a slippery little devil and can take Jaggers. Leen wins because I have him on my fantasy team. Lewnes is a tough SOB and will get an early upset. Varner unenthusiastically stalls his way to a boring 2-1 OT win putting everybody in the venue to sleep. Rosholt will win which pains me to say more than anyone knows. I wish it were Steele wrestling him. I think he has a better shot at beating Jared than Massey.
    According to this thread every Iowa wrestler improves and everyone else stays the same.......Ridiculous.....Luke and Pucillo will both win Falck will be 4th or 5th come national time 1)Escobedo 2)Donahoe 3)Nickerson
    Metcalf is a beast but Bubba has gotten closer each time hopefully this year he closes the gap. I see Metcalf winning NCAA's but he will have at least one loss

Actually I don't see Metcalf losing this year even with 149 being stacked once again. I think he is that good. Everything else RD149-2 says above I agree with.

Herkey, be prepared for some disappointment when you set your targets that high. I actually think Ness takes down Slaton in the first match as I truly believe the cut this early in the season will benefit Ness. Just my gut feeling.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

Herbert DEC Askren 5-4

Falck, Slaton, Metcalf, Borschel, Keddy

Half your team in the all star classic is pretty sick.
    I wish I could kick Matt Dragon in the balls. In his Dragonballz.

Quote Originally Posted by RD149-2 View Post
    According to this thread every Iowa wrestler improves and everyone else stays the same.......Ridiculous.....Luke and Pucillo will both win Falck will be 4th or 5th come national time 1)Escobedo 2)Donahoe 3)Nickerson
    Metcalf is a beast but Bubba has gotten closer each time hopefully this year he closes the gap. I see Metcalf winning NCAA's but he will have at least one loss
    Agreed.

How do you figure that the remainder of the matches are the "undercard" just because they don't involve Iowa wrestlers?

I think Herkey is speaking tongue in cheek a little bit so I recognize that. Like I said, when your guys start #3, #1, #1, #2, #3, its hard to go anywhere but down. I think those expectations in addition to the rigorous training create an interesting story. We will see if it keeps them with the edge they need to finish at those rankings or if they simply get burned out.